ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Alaistier View Post
"Don't worry about that. My skull's hard enough to deflect any blade." I grin stupidly

"It's not a blade I'm worried about" he says sheepishly.

Originally Posted by Lawrence1 View Post
"States the one who went out fishing the very moment we settled down." I say, mirroring her gaze.

"Atleast I am of some use to our family, oh great wise one." she replies raising her tone. You are about to respond when Ammon breaks in "Hey hey hey, children please. Enough, we're family, stop bickering. Let's get these goats back to the camp" as he lifts one onto his shoulder
Originally Posted by Romanovsky View Post
"It's not a blade I'm worried about" he says sheepishly.

"Oh, you get what I mean." With a sigh, I realize how hungry I am. "Would there happen to be any food around here?"
"Atleast I am of some use to our family, oh great wise one." she replies raising her tone. You are about to respond when Ammon breaks in "Hey hey hey, children please. Enough, we're family, stop bickering. Let's get these goats back to the camp" as he lifts one onto his shoulder

"He's right." I say, pausing a moment. "... sorry."
I adjust the goat on my shoulder and begin moving back to the camp.
"Oh, you get what I mean." With a sigh, I realize how hungry I am. "Would there happen to be any food around here?"

"Let's go get some, I hear they're serving beef." he states with excitement. You enter the mess tent and numerous soldiers salute Maximus as you both get some food and sit down on a semi-empty table. It seems to be a salted beef cut with bread and vegetables. You have a cup of wine to wash it down.

"He's right." I say, pausing a moment. "... sorry."
I adjust the goat on my shoulder and begin moving back to the camp.

"Apology accepted" she says as she nudges your cheek. You notice moments later that she rubbed goat blood all over your cheek, irritating you slightly as you continue walking in the direction you came from.
Last edited by Romanovsky; Aug 9, 2012 at 04:04 AM.
"Apology accepted" she says as she nudges your cheek. You notice moments later that she rubbed goat blood all over your cheek, irritating you slightly as you continue walking in the direction you came from.

I wipe the blood from my face with the back of my hand and flick it at her with a laugh. "Alexandra, you have issues."
I wipe the blood from my face with the back of my hand and flick it at her with a laugh. "Alexandra, you have issues."

She ignores you, but you see a smile on her face as she leads you. You walk for the better half of an hour before you see smoke and fire in the distance, where your encampment is. All three of you stop cold.
She ignores you, but you see a smile on her face as she leads you. You walk for the better half of an hour before you see smoke and fire in the distance, where your encampment is. All three of you stop cold.

Horror leaps to my face as I break into a run, sprinting to the camp, completely forgetting the goat on my back.
"Let's go get some, I hear they're serving beef." he states with excitement. You enter the mess tent and numerous soldiers salute Maximus as you both get some food and sit down on a semi-empty table. It seems to be a salted beef cut with bread and vegetables. You have a cup of wine to wash it down.

"Wow, this is actually pretty good." I say as I take a bite of the beef. "So.. What are the plans for tomorrow?"
Horror leaps to my face as I break into a run, sprinting to the camp, completely forgetting the goat on my back.

You reach the camp to find it in flames, numerous members of your family were beheaded and lay on the ground amongst the flames. In the center of the camp tied to a post are two naked bodies. You identify them to be your mother and Aigle. Alexandra stumbles over, wordless, and kneels by them, inspecting them, as if trying to get them to wake up. They were raped and their throats were slit. Ammon looks completely dazed, as if in a dream.

"Wow, this is actually pretty good." I say as I take a bite of the beef. "So.. What are the plans for tomorrow?"

"The Legatus is sending our century to loot an old Egyptian temple to some god of death or something, no idea, just get in, find treasure, grab as much as we can, get out. Kill anyone in our way." he states coldly.
Last edited by Romanovsky; Aug 9, 2012 at 04:58 AM.
"The Legatus is sending our century to loot an old Egyptian temple to some god of death or something, no idea, just get in, find treasure, grab as much as we can, get out. Kill anyone in our way." he states coldly.

"Huh," I snort. "We should make sure to bring plenty of water. This desert is unforgiving." I sip some wine.