Toribash
Original Post
Toribash politics
What do you all think about toribash politics?, to me personally they are very confusing at times but it seems that everything that happens irl happens here as well. And by that I mean girls, the rich and the popular hold the favor both in clans and in favoritism in general.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
Hmm, I have has this discussion quite a few times whilst playing, looking from a socialogical sense your right, for an example you could see the new, less experiance players as the Proleteriat and the higher ranked players as the Borgouise, as there are some higher rank players that will not associate with lower rank players. It is the same in a money/TC sence, the "lower class" would be the poor player where the "ruling class" would be the Rich. it is a Patriarchal Game in a sence as i see more male player/GM's etc than female, I think any community with boundries will develop these so called "politics"

ill edit this later, im tired, sorry for mistakes or if i swayed from the point a bit etc
but i look forward to this discussion

b3st
"Slaughter is the b3st medicine"
Here is my opinion on what you said Azure.

All the girls on here are fake. Stupid people suck up to see fake tit shots. They have pics? So can I by just going to female friend's facebook profile and downloading one of their albums.

The rich keep to themselves, dueling each other. They might hold favouritism among newer clans, but accomplished clans couldn't care less about how rich the players are.

The only people who hold real respect and favour are the staff, because it's a perk of the job. ;)
Except that fag Vox, hated him while he was a member of the staff.

And I disagree b3st, I'm quite poor but I mainly hang out with higher class players. It's got to do with experience in the game and sense of humor, more than tc. There are more male GMs because no/barely any females play Toribash. Although gender shouldn't matter in a game.
Dose is dead.
Originally Posted by Dose View Post
And I disagree b3st, I'm quite poor but I mainly hang out with higher class players. It's got to do with experience in the game and sense of humor, more than tc. There are more male GMs because no/barely any females play Toribash. Although gender shouldn't matter in a game.

So what your saying is that the toribash community is meritocratic?

There are also slight social norms an example would be "shovelling" and people that do shovel are "deviants". And with the higher ranking clans and orgs i think there is a tad of Elitism.

like my first post i shall edit this one,
b3st
"Slaughter is the b3st medicine"
Its pretty much like British politics, you get to know people and try to get in there pants if you want to get anywhere. Competence is a bonus.
Originally Posted by FinalWish View Post
Its pretty much like British politics, you get to know people and try to get in there pants if you want to get anywhere. Competence is a bonus.

Toribash? Like British politics?

There is no real favoritism in Toribash. Newer players don't know how to interact with the community, whereas older players should be quite good at it(if they aren't they are treated as such).
Hoss.
Originally Posted by b3st3v3r View Post
So what your saying is that the toribash community is meritocratic?

There are also slight social norms an example would be "shovelling" and people that do shovel are "deviants". And with the higher ranking clans and orgs i think there is a tad of Elitism.

like my first post i shall edit this one,
b3st

No.

rank 53 raku will always be more elite than these newly listed clans at the top like -Zone, -Ethr and -Quant.
Dose is dead.