Toribash
Original Post
new staff group
the new staff group i'd like to suggest are "Chat moderators"

a staff group that monitor chat in game and in the forums!
(they only get to mute/unmute and ban from servers, or just half op)
so as a chat moderator you job is to:
A.) Monitor the chat in game such as in tourneys or just normally in public rooms and make sure people aren't flaming and such.
B.) Make sure that there isn't any sort of flaming or slurs or anything on the forums.
C.) Respond to flaming reports on the reports board
D.) STAY ON THE #SUPPORT IRC
E.) Keep the chat away from sensitive topics and keep it wholesome, nobody wants to hear uh, unwholesome things

Thank you for reading my idea, I hope it'll be implemented (or at least thought of in future)

New chat moderator recruits have to pm an admin/smod/chat mod member, similar to applying for HS,ES AND CS.

Thanks for reading!
[sigpic][/sigpic]
I understand what you mean lionet, but this is for real time reporting as most players get way too aggravated when something happens in game if they have to wait too long for someone to respond on the reports section.

as Chat mod you also have to look out for people reporting things happening in game (obviously not across every server that's ridiculous) and for people to utilize the real time reporting aspect I was thinking maybe an introduction thread to the new staff group where we list all the things Chat moderators do.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
I still think this is pretty utopian to think about but, if you can group people that support the idea and volunteer to be staff, it would look more comfortable to make happen
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

trust me, I can. I will make sure this happens if this idea gets accepted.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Originally Posted by ViOLeT69 View Post
trust me, I can. I will make sure this happens if this idea gets accepted.

You can start by now and bring people here, or make another thread, supporting the idea or wait for this to happen. For now, looks like you're the only one supporting this idea, so, even if this is implemented, we won't have people joining the staff group, making it useless.
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Did you read my response?
The solution to the problems you're raising does not lie in creating a staff group.
It's not gonna happen in the format you suggested.

The only viable suggestion I can glean from this is an ingame report button, or making sure #support is more active for current staff.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
(Only read the OP)
I don't think much people in the staff are able to stay in game like 24/7 just to monitor the chat. Because of the fact that Es hardly even find time to host tourneys anymore (well used to, not sure about now). Besides, where would they stay in-game, even in public servers there are hardly 2 players playing. While in bet servers, the host already takes somewhat care of the chat. On the forums, well, I don't see any need for it.

i know things are tldr worthy, but you should read posts from those that are in the know at least ~Icky
Last edited by Icky; Feb 3, 2018 at 04:13 AM.
Na sahi kuch magar itna to kiya karte the
Wo mujhe dekh ke pehchan liya karte the