people playing: 169, servers online: 48, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: Cicada3301

Toribash Community » Toribash » Suggestions & Ideas
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old Jan 7, 2018   #1
Rigondeaux

Blue Belt

Being able to buy Items above your qi
So I’m a green belt, and I’m starting to get my hang of things in marketing but as I market more and more I notice things that just bug me a lot. When I try to buy something that I can afford I don’t have the qi for it so I can’t get the profit out of it, so my idea is this : Make items that you don’t have the qi for buyable but not wearable also you should add an extra tab(right next to the buy button) on the item which shows you it’s qi so you won’t missbuy anything. This would help a lot of beginner marketers and it wouldn’t stop people from playing the game as you require qi to activate these items.
Rigondeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2018   #2
Kriegery

5th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Adventure

Please not. I don't see a reason to implement this, qi restriction is there for a reason, even if it can't be equipped (or especially because of that)

For the item qi restriction: it will take you a few days, but you'll remember soon. And you're able to view the required qi by clicking the [View in Torishop] button

And a small tip: one of the best stuff to market with are textures, which aren't restricted at all.
[Adventure]

[The Market Squad]

[Kriegery is Creati0n's Magnus Opus - a fully automated market moderation AI] - Neko
Kriegery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2018   #3
Erth
Toribash Legend

One Bang Dan Black Belt
Clan: UrbanUnit

We don't want to take away incentives for playing the game. If anything, we want to add them, see: daily login rewards, ranking rewards etc.
ORMO | OSHI | NOoT |OLDA
[Tribe] | [T] | [NO] | [Urban] | [JollyR] | [r]
Erth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2018   #4
Chirox
Mocro, don't leave bro..

CR0VAX hater Belt

I personally like the idea.
You can profit from a good opportunity to buy an item you would like to wear someday.
It would also refresh the market and item trading.
Thumbs up
DOING CUSTOM ANDROID APPS FOR TC/USD
Chirox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2018   #5
Shogun

Black Belt

I imagine this would allow too many members access to the entire marketing side of things. It can be one of the most profitable past times in TB, yet it is a fragile system (not a marketer, but have seen the flux over times with items and releases since 09)

Do you not imagine this will effect the tori economy in the slightest? Perhaps you may be able to sell your plethora of items quickly in the after effects of such a change, but would it not lead to atleast the slightest crashing of qi related items values/demand after the smoke had cleared?

I do not support, it sounds like a simple change that could have long term effects on tori marketing. Potentially negative ones.
<Diamond> I gotta say I think you're wonderful, stay that way. Or be more wonderful if you wish.
Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2018   #6
-Xioi
Raconteur

Iwagakure Belt
Clan: Team ICA

The only reason this would be a good idea is from Chirox's point of view. Where the market would be easily acessable to all the items. And would make it more lively or whatnot.

But all in all i agree with Erth, it would just destroy the meaning in earning qi and getting the rewarding feeling of "Oh now i can buy this item", if it doesn't suit you to play the game to that extent. Just buy the Qi, supports the game even more if anything

SP Replays ............... MP Replays
Xioi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2018   #7
Chirox
Mocro, don't leave bro..

CR0VAX hater Belt

Well, that is what made me spend $ for 20k
I also agree that the actual qi system supports the game though the qi purchases.
DOING CUSTOM ANDROID APPS FOR TC/USD
Chirox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2018   #8
Kozmonaut

Green Belt
Clan: Elite

Honestly most of the items that marketers buy and sell are items that don't have QI restrictions, like 3D items. Sorry to burst your bubble but this won't get implemented. Sir is gonna laugh at this lol
bitchass
Kozmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2018   #9
-sir
Originally Posted by Kozmonaut View Post
Honestly most of the items that marketers buy and sell are items that don't have QI restrictions

This is wrong, they all still do have qi restrictions - it's just that you can buy them from marketers with an account with lower qi, similar to USD purchases in Torishop.

That being said, we might get rid of qi limitations some time in future. Probably not completely, but there's a new system in the works that will be announced in the coming months.
sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2018   #10
Mafia

10th Dan Black Belt
Clan: All Stars

I agree with erth.
We are Toribash players, not businessmen.
Of all the money that ever I had, I’ve spent it in good company
And all the harm that ever I done, Alas it was to none but me
But all the sweethearts that ever I loved
They have left long so now they rot
But since it falls unto my lot
That I should live and you should not
Mafia is online now   Reply With Quote