Toribash
Original Post
+Questions on Toribash Heads?
I've looked at a guide and I think I've got it down but I have some problems. I make mine in Photshop CS5 and I turned it into a sphere and saved it. I'll list all of my problems so they are easier to read/answer.

1. If I post them will they rotate like other threads? (I save them as JPEG files and whenever I few them in 'My Pictures' they never rotate.)

2. Are they supposed to rotate?

3. Whenever I turn them into a sphere some large black curve shows up at the top left. How do I fix this? (If you were the head, you would say top right)

4. Am I supposed to save it as a certain thing?

5. Am I supposed to open the photoshop as 128 x 128 pixels?

6. How do I make it as my head in Toribash?

7. Can I change it whenever I'd like or will I have to buy it everytime I choose to change it?

Moved to BS ~ Vox
Last edited by Vox; Jun 19, 2010 at 10:53 AM.
answers:
  1. the 'rotating' head's you see are made by uses using GIMP, or do you mean avatars/icons?
  2. answer to my question in 1 please.
  3. please show us an example screen shot and head texture,
  4. use the format .tga (targra) without RLE compression preferably 32bpp.
  5. 128 x 128 for low resolution standard head textures, you can also buy a 256x256 and 512x512 texture item.
  6. go to your items, textures, find the head texture item (or purchase it if necessary first) and then click 'upload'.
  7. you can just re upload when ever you want.
Originally Posted by Voxus View Post
answers:
  1. the 'rotating' head's you see are made by uses using GIMP, or do you mean avatars/icons?
  2. answer to my question in 1 please.
  3. please show us an example screen shot and head texture,
  4. use the format .tga (targra) without RLE compression preferably 32bpp.
  5. 128 x 128 for low resolution standard head textures, you can also buy a 256x256 and 512x512 texture item.
  6. go to your items, textures, find the head texture item (or purchase it if necessary first) and then click 'upload'.
  7. you can just re upload when ever you want.

1. Some guy was asking if people could make him a mod and they posted it. They were rotating.

2. This is the screen shot http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n...urrent=fix.jpg (the texture was saved as a Jpeg) so idk how to show it o.o

3. So I just put it as TGA? Can I view that later? What is RLE compression and how do I put it at 32 BPP? Is it one of the choices or something?
1: yea that's GIMP, photoshop could probably also do it if you animated the sphere spinning. Search for a tutorial on google.

2: that's called a shadow :P

3: while saving in photoshop, save as filename.tga, choose the options for 32bpp (bits per pixel) and un tick RLE compression if it's ticked. You can view .tga files with photoshop.

RLE compression is complex, look it up on wikipedia if you must know.

one other way to preview this is for you to save the head as 'head.tga' in CGames\Toribash 3.9\custom\TEST\ (assuming you installed toribash there) (you will have to make the 'TEST' folder your self, inside the custom folder.) then open toribash and type the command:
/lp 0 TEST

This will load that set of textures onto the current players.
Originally Posted by Voxus View Post
1: yea that's GIMP, photoshop could probably also do it if you animated the sphere spinning. Search for a tutorial on google.

2: that's called a shadow :P

3: while saving in photoshop, save as filename.tga, choose the options for 32bpp (bits per pixel) and un tick RLE compression if it's ticked. You can view .tga files with photoshop.

RLE compression is complex, look it up on wikipedia if you must know.

one other way to preview this is for you to save the head as 'head.tga' in CGames\Toribash 3.9\custom\TEST\ (assuming you installed toribash there) (you will have to make the 'TEST' folder your self, inside the custom folder.) then open toribash and type the command:
/lp 0 TEST

This will load that set of textures onto the current players.

2. The 'shadow' shoes up across the whole top right of the head, (3D version).

3. The bps AND RLE options didn't show up. (it may be because this is trial) I put it in as head.tga and typed /lp 0 TEST in game and nothing happened.
Last edited by BlackWingz; Jun 19, 2010 at 04:13 PM.
Nevermind I got it working. Thanks for the help! I found out the problem was that I was uploading as a sphere.