Ranking
View Poll Results: Which would you like to see? Note entry fees are only ideas, not set fees.
Pure Pack/~5k entry fee
8 Votes / 25.00%
Full 128x128 Joints/~5k entry fee
7 Votes / 21.88%
Azurite Pack/~7.5k entry fee
4 Votes / 12.50%
Full 512x512 Body Textures/~10k entry fee
18 Votes / 56.25%
Vortex Pack/~10-15k entry fee
4 Votes / 12.50%
Demon Pack/~15-20k entry fee
8 Votes / 25.00%
Void Pack/~25k entry fee
12 Votes / 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Original Post
New Event Suggestions/Ideas

Basic Concept of the Tourney/Event:
  • There is only one winner, "The King of the hill"
  • The event/tourney is hosted for X amount of hours and the person with the most wins at the end of the time limit wins the prize.
  • Once you lose a match you are forced to spectators and if you wish to continue you must buy back in by /entering while the enter fee is active.
  • Anyone may come and go as long as the event is still running with time left, so if you miss the start of it you've still got a chance to come in and play.

So, as some of you may or may not know.
Icky and I hosted a somewhat new event today and it went quite well considering it's still a WIP and we still need to fine tune all the rules, etc.
Please note that how we ran it today may not be exactly how we run it in the future.

In today's case the entry fee was a mere 2k and lasted 3 hours. The prize was a Magnetite Pack (congrats to Fire).
We'd like to give out better packs/items that users would like to see as prizes for these events that will hopefully occur every once in a while.

Things I would like to discuss:
  • Which packs/items would you guys would like to see as prizes
  • How do you feel about nudges being purchasable in addition to the entry fee, if so should it be sunk or added to decapprize?
  • How long do you think a tourney/event last? Should it be up to a day for something like a Void Pack? (may require some serious no-lifing by the hosts)
  • Slightly increased reaction time on slow mods to make rounds go by faster?
  • What type of mods would you like to be seen played?

Do note that the more expensive the prizes are, the more the entry fee is going to go up for obvious reasons.
Also note that these are "special events" and won't be hosted on a regular/daily basis but rather on holidays/special occasions so don't bug for them to be hosted by ES members as they aren't fully capable of hosting it on their own.

Added a poll with some ideas to be voted on.
Feel free to post and suggest any ideas or comments about this.
Last edited by DruggedPanda; Sep 23, 2016 at 08:35 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
I enjoyed the event earlier today with magnetite pack, even though it got hectic and I was high and angry, it was still fun.

I'd love to see more ABD based tournaments, since that's the only mod a lot of people play, maybe decrease reaction time by just a tad, maybe 5 seconds or so, nothing crazy people need a chance to work out a shovel counter.

Possibly some huge event one day with a Void Pack, with something crazy like a 25k-50k buy in
Also consider that the prizes don't have to be full packs, and can be high QI forces/relaxes/bloods like Void Force, etc.
Something like a Void Force alone would have a lower entry fee cost than a full pack.

I'm just fairly curious on what people think about this, and I'd like to give people an advanced notice of when these events will occur, like exact time it starts and what date.
Unlike today it was just kind of a surprise.
Last edited by DruggedPanda; Sep 23, 2016 at 08:44 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
so it's pretty much old style tourney or victory as you like but with fee, nudges are the worst thing you can do to this kind of event, bets can go on with this since the core thing, betting still is available for people, this wouldn't hold for long if you had the same 3 guys fighting over and over again, sorta reminds me about p2w games.
As scorp said, that's basically victory v2 with better prizes. Not a bad thing once in a while.
Few things to consider:
- Nudges are cancer in those type of events, definately against it.
- Different types of rewards and entry fees to allow all people to afford playing it (once with a 'better' prize, once with something still cool but less expensive and cheaper to get into)
- Relatively fast-paced mods to give a chance to as many guys as possible (or rt set to 15 with mods like abd)
- Thread/sticky to announce when the next one will take place with the information about prize/entry fee
- Trivia questions to keep the server entertained with small prizes
- Proper betting handling (f.ex. changing HBR to win not a nudge, but another chance for free)

cont later
retired
Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
so it's pretty much old style tourney or victory as you like but with fee, nudges are the worst thing you can do to this kind of event, bets can go on with this since the core thing, betting still is available for people, this wouldn't hold for long if you had the same 3 guys fighting over and over again, sorta reminds me about p2w games.

Yea it's somewhat like Evictory but slightly different.
Also in regards to the "pay2win" comment. I'd say it's not necessarily pay2win, but rather pay2play. There is no guarantee that whoever enters the most/pays the most to play will win. In fact it could be the exact opposite, just depends on how long you can streak with one entry fee payment and whether or not people beat your total wins you've gathered while playing.

Basically say if I put in 10k to enter, and I get 20 wins with that one entry fee payment and no one gets 20 wins by the time it's up I never really have to enter in again.

Originally Posted by Powas View Post
As scorp said, that's basically victory v2 with better prizes. Not a bad thing once in a while.
Few things to consider:
- Nudges are cancer in those type of events, definately against it.
- Different types of rewards and entry fees to allow all people to afford playing it (once with a 'better' prize, once with something still cool but less expensive and cheaper to get into)
- Relatively fast-paced mods to give a chance to as many guys as possible (or rt set to 15 with mods like abd)
- Thread/sticky to announce when the next one will take place with the information about prize/entry fee
- Trivia questions to keep the server entertained with small prizes
- Proper betting handling (f.ex. changing HBR to win not a nudge, but another chance for free)

cont later

With lower/cheaper prizes I'd assume it would be ok to host these more frequently but who knows.
I like the idea of trivia questions, possibly even free entryfee (fenter) for whoever gets it correct or ST?
The betting idea makes sense too.

Should there be a free entry if say someone enters 2x or 3x the entry fee to decapprize? (this may result in decapprize attracting more people to come in and play even if it is just for the decapprize)
Last edited by DruggedPanda; Sep 24, 2016 at 12:23 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[Ex-MSquad]