Toribash
Originally Posted by toripaa2 View Post
skullcandy is good

Theyre are designed as fashion accessories, not quality headphones.
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
Sup skullcandy viral marketing?

But seriously, Skullcandy headphones sound bad and you should feel bad.

Im not a skullcandy marketer, all i posted was a detailed description of my headphones, not some poor description like the others. And who wants some gay other pair of headphones nobody has ever heard about? we dont the the clearest sound we have ever heard for the very liking of us. We want stylish, branded good quality headphones like skullcandy.
Koss PortaPro are retro. i love em there style hasnt changed for 25 years but sound quality is epic!!! for the price they are the best
skullcandy =
Originally Posted by xXfactionXx View Post
Im not a skullcandy marketer, all i posted was a detailed description of my headphones, not some poor description like the others. And who wants some gay other pair of headphones nobody has ever heard about? we dont the the clearest sound we have ever heard for the very liking of us. We want stylish, branded good quality headphones like skullcandy.

You've never listened to quality headphones. Inb4 he comes up with a list of headphones he's "used" by making a google search for audiophile headphones.
<Tapion> Salmon is nice fish
So I FINALLY found a real audio store down south in the US. To my dismay, they carried only grados, no AT's, no Denons, or beyers, or akgs. However, after listening to tracks both through their amps and direct from my phone, I was extremely impressed with their performance.

We were down in Atlanta for a college visit so we stopped by. Audio Alternative's the name for anyone curious and in the area.

Well....my mom actually urged me to just (rough translation) "BUY A PAIR OF FUCKING HEADPHONES ALREADY AND STOP RESEARCHING" So under such pressure, I dropped all the money I'd been saving up on the 325is's. The 225i's were probably the better value by far, but I've always been a sucker for better materials (sound was slightly better too).

Yeah....

Other than the comfort, they are great so far. Everything sounds more natural than on my Triple.fi's. Totally different feel to the music.

Pads are horrible right now though. I'm not completely sure if I'm even wearing them at the right place. Like should I place them with the rim of the pads right on the edge of my ears or a bit beyond that? Changing positions changes the sound quite a bit.

I plan on getting the G Pads eventually though. But they are 45 bucks. After pretty much clearing my savings. Anyone else have grados?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
I've never heard of grados. All i have currently are these in-ears called "Koss" they are surprisingly nice for $32 bucks lol.
Originally Posted by ThePz View Post
I've never heard of grados. All i have currently are these in-ears called "Koss" they are surprisingly nice for $32 bucks lol.

I think I'ma cry. Grado is a really solid company for headphones (and cartridges...)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
I'm not a huge fan of grados (I hate them), but a LOT of people love the sound.

Guitar sounds really interesting out of them; really gritty.

I'm not a huge fan of the 325's treble but there are plently of people who like it.

Nice one man

RE: Comfort. There are comfy pads available from grado for something like $15. Not sure if the 325 come with them default, you'll have to check.

You can flex the headband a bit (you dont need much) to improve comfort a lot. I generally put grados on the "lower half" of my ears, if that makes sense, like when you put them on (or when I do) in my "natural position" I find it really hurts the upper and of my ears so i push it down a tiny bit more.
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
I think I'ma cry. Grado is a really solid company for headphones (and cartridges...)

Some people recommend Alessandros instead. (Alessandros are based on Grados) probably because they're cheaper and have minor modifications, supposedly to make them even better.
I have never tried Grados but I've read good things about them.

http://www.alessandro-products.com/m...p?p=headphones
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi