Ranking
Original Post
(x) Recruitment

Stand out from the Crowd

Interested in joining?

(x) is currently looking for mature, skilled players that are active on the
forums, as well as discord. There are a few written requirements, they are as follows:

- You must have discord -
- You must be willing to be active on the forums -
- You must be willing to follow current and future rules of (x) -
- You must have one strength -
(Provide proof. Replay maker? Replays. Artist? Examples. Really good at Wushu? Replays.)
- You may not multiclan -

If you made a new account to start anew, you may join, but if you've made an alt,
and your main is in another clan, we will deny you.

We will not judge your for not being the best in your chosen area of expertise, but we
expect you to show a certain level of competence. Don't claim you're good at Aikido
and show us replays of you barely being able to control your tori. Your talent on its own
is not enough to get you in. If you're a decent artist with a mediocre application,
your chances aren't very high. You need to try to get into (x).

If you want to apply, write your best freeform application.
Include things you feel that are necessary. We recommend you get to know
us by checking out our discord, which can be found in our main thread.

Once you have posted your application, it will be reviewed by our Council
and you will be notified of the result in anywhere from a few hours to a weeks time.
Best of luck to you.

Example of a great application

We are currently actively recruiting.
Last edited by Jaxon; Feb 3, 2018 at 05:17 AM.
This is the kind of applications we are looking for, please don't even dare to copy it, be creative.

Application example

Professional Graphic Designer
Former [Crooks]
Leader | [TA] Member | Ex-[Latin] member
[Mexican] Player |Fan Club

General Information:

Name: Mitch.
Toribash Profile Name: Sets (5375).
Nationality: Australian.
Timezone: +10.
Activity: 3+ hours a day.
Skills: Designer.

Bio:
I used to play back around 08'-09' but have come back as of recently to attempt to bring some decent art to the community, mainly inspired by artists such as Kremline and Vitiek. During my hiatus, I was primarily focused on art involving YouTube and CoD-related clan work. Now I'm a graphic design student currently working full-time, hence why my activity may not be as high as you'd expect. I try to compensate for my bronze trash toribash gameplay with decent artwork, so I wouldn't mind joining a team to potentially even help me build a small portfolio with design requests and stuff. Check my texture thread for more detailed previews of my work.
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=606791

I don't have many recent examples of banners at the moment as I haven't used Cinema 4D that often since the YouTube days, apart from using it for texture sets.

Artwork

Thanks for reviewing my post, hopefully I'll be able to join this mad dog team.

Last edited by Horizon; Feb 2, 2018 at 09:36 AM.
[ES] Artist

5375's Application

Hey Mitch, I'm posting your application in our discord for the Council and myself to review. Love the artwork, and, considering we don't have many members as of right now, I'd say your chances of making it in are pretty high.

Best of luck to you regardless.

EDIT: Crow has requested that you edit your application and put your works into spoilers. It takes up quite a bit of the page. Thanks.
Last edited by Jaxon; Jan 28, 2018 at 04:51 AM.

5375's app

That was a very nice application but I have a few questions for you. So you stated in your application that you once were playing in 2008 and 2009 but can you please tell us the account that you played on at that time period, because to my understanding you said you were "sets" but the account "sets" only joined in 2012 so how could it have been playing in the year 2008? If you have any other accounts like an alt or a main please tell us so we can confirm your not banned or like a notorious trouble maker, and if you were ever banned can you just tell us because it would make a situation much worse if we found out that we were being lied to. On another note will you be able to post on our clan discussion thread and actively contribute to the conversations almost everyday? I ask this because you said that your activity may not be what we expect from everyone. Last but not least can you send some examples of your work on youtube that you said you do because you didnt really explain who you did this work for or if its on your personal account.

~sorry in advance if im not supposed to post on this thread
Last edited by ILOVEPISS9000; Jan 28, 2018 at 03:37 PM.
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
So you stated in your application that you once were playing in 2008 and 2009 but can you please tell us the account that you played on at that time period, because to my understanding you said you were "sets" but the account "sets" only joined in 2012 so how could it have been playing in the year 2008?

Not necessarily important. How long you've been playing matters little.

If you have any other accounts like an alt or a main please tell us so we can confirm your not banned or like a notorious trouble maker, and if you were ever banned can you just tell us because it would make a situation much worse if we found out that we were being lied to.

A fair question. If you've been banned in the past, let us know. It will not result in immediate denial, but it will be taken into consideration.

On another note will you be able to post on our clan discussion thread and actively contribute to the conversations almost everyday? I ask this because you said that your activity may not be what we expect from everyone.

3+ hours a day is enough time to give us updates, share any recent artwork, and take part in and discussion that may have been missed.

Last but not least can you send some examples of your work on youtube that you said you do because you didnt really explain who you did this work for or if its on your personal account.

Not necessary, but more examples of your work wouldn't hurt.

~sorry in advance if im not supposed to post on this thread

In the future, I'd like to keep discussion in the discord,
and, if we have any questions for the applicant afterwards, I'll shoot them a PM personally

Sets, answer those questions in a PM. Want the thread to be as neat as possible. Also, make sure to join our discord. You'll find a link in our main thread.

You've yet to receive any no's on your application by the way.
Last edited by Jaxon; Jan 28, 2018 at 06:13 PM.
Dear Sirs,

I wish to apply for joining your clan.

My name is Farid. I'm 19 years old Indonesian (GMT +7). I've been playing toribash since 2010, but I'm still 7th dan black belt because I don't play too much. I was in Evil clan, and got kicked due to inactivity. But I'm sure I will manage my time.

I see some requirements in the recruitment thread. I could fulfill some requirements, except having a talent. I don't have any talent related to toribash. But I do have real life talent. I'm currently studying in a university with electrical major. So yea, i know about electricity.

I know that I don't meet all the requirements. But I think this is worth a try. I really want to be part of the clan and the clan-mates seems nice, even though I don't know all of you, but I'm sure that we will know each other if you let me be part of the clan.

Thank you so much for your time. I think you would find me as a loyal and respect member.

Sincerely,

Farid

Sirss's Application

Posted for discussion.

------------------------

5375 has been accepted.

Sirss has been accepted on a two week trial.
Last edited by Jaxon; Jan 28, 2018 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Decision Reached

my name and all that crap

({<The life of JHunter03>})

i hope you consider this app. thanks!!!
Last edited by jhunter03; Jan 29, 2018 at 11:20 AM.
<(Raven)g3tab0ut> seems like you have nothing nowhere near fate, Jhunter

jhunter's app

posted for discussion.