Toribash
It does, and well said, its a lot more graspable when you put it like that . The current system is all that's needed and and all that will be needed since the game can mostly run itself outside from behavioral issues and some other delicate matters that involve gm interference. A democracy would then place nothing but the most favored candidates regardless of aptitude, therefore keeping things in an elite voting process by those already proven makes sure that only the capable make it. Considering that most of the community doesn't know what's best for itself they don't need to be involved in its politics. Something like that? Or did i miss your point?.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
Regarding the GM side of things:
I honestly don't know why people are so interested in the job of GM.
It's nothing like what's it's made out to be. We have large responsibility and a duty to carry out.

It's not a free for all ban who you want, host what you want; when you want; how you want.

It's easy to pick out who wants it for the right reasons.
New Zealand
~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~
PM Erth, he loves it.
~~~~~~~~~~
<~Lightningkid> I'm a spiteful dickhead
<Muur> Ah, good old Dutch Wall Sex..
<~Fish> I love handling dicks
Well personally for me its simply because i don't know how it feels to be in that position, much like being a noob and later on realizing that being an 8th dan doesn't make you're tori any different. I'm sure even if i were to be a gm i would hold that attitude as well, but since I'm not it still holds that '' i wonder if the grass is any greener on the other side '' mystique I suppose.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos