ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Elite
I don't mean that in a 1337 I mean it in a classic kind of way as in an elite group, some say it's fate...others say that it's a birthright. The celebrities, fortune 500 companies, and even the '' cool kids '' at school have debated over this for centuries battling back and forth that either you have it or you don't...or that anyone can have it if they work hard enough. So what do you all think?.

I personally think that anyone can have it if they work hard enough, america is based off of that very ideal. I believe that anyone with enough elbow grease can become anything because practice makes perfect and even if not perfect practice makes better.
Last edited by AzureMage; Nov 1, 2012 at 09:37 PM.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
I believe there is such as elite people.
But they have to put in a lot of luck and hard work into that, combining those three in order to get ahead in life.
(I'll go ahead and use an anime reference) In Kenichi History's strongest disciple, near the end of the series, there's a fight between two people, Berserker and Hermit.
In short, Berserker was basically an elite, born with great talent, but never put hard work into that.
Hermit while also having great talent, if not less then Berserk, put hard work and training into that. Reason being why he won.
You can't just have talent or be an elite and expect to have everything in life. You have to put hard work into it too.
Click Here To Learn MMA today!
If there is effort, there is always accomplishment. - Jigoro Kano
Being an "elite" person, as in intelligent, strong-minded, solves problems easily, etc?
Or just like strong?

In case #1 it comes down to the events in your life that shape you, if you can persevere, and if you have the mindset that you can do almost anything.

I can see what you're trying to say in my high school.
There are the strong jocks and douche bags. The there are the anti-social nerds and shut-ins. Then there are the well-rounded people, the not so well-rounded people, and the people that are a complete waste of human space.

In this variety of populous, it can be debated that either the jocks or the well-rounded people are elites in high school. Later on in life, those well rounded people will make it farther than 99% of all douche jocks (the 1% being those who become professional athletes, which could also be defined as well-rounded people considering you have to be somewhat smart).

So in my opinion, elites are people fast of wit, participate in the community, share knowledge with the world, generally don't have any enemies.