Toribash
Original Post
[Question]Gimp or Photoshop?!
First of all, hello
I am a gimp user .. but i saw tuts of making art with photoshop and they were amazing.. so here is the question! :
Is Photoshop much better then gimp?
Can i see diffrents between gimp and photoshop as a normal texturer and pictures drawer?
Which is easyer to use ?
Which one is better for shading ?

So pls help me, thx btw
[GU] [RL][Epic Replay Theard][Realism Player][deviantART]
It's not a matter of which one is better, it's which one you're more comfortable using. Some
versions of photoshop are very expensive, so I chose to use GIMP. They can both make
really amazing things, depending on the artist. Here's something in GIMP, and here's something
in photoshop. The one in photoshop I found on google.

GIMP:

Photoshop:

<~oyster> i want you to fart near my mouth
Its a matter of style. You need to know what you want to be doing.

The main choice is if you want to spend the money on PS. Its extremely expensive.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I love MightyMouse <3

It's not extremely expensive. Some versions are actually really cheap. Before you say
something, you should at least make sure you're right. And it's not a matter of style,
because almost all styles can be done in GIMP, and almost all styles can be done in
Photoshop, so I don't know what you mean when you're saying it's a matter of style.

P.S. He's my brother, so I'm allowed to bitch him out like that. [:

Overall i'd say that Photoshop covers a bit more, but GIMP certainly is a great alternative, what with it being free and all, though not quite as user-friendly. Both have their pros and cons, but really, as mentioned before, it depends on the person using them. A master of MS Paint could easily defeat an intermediate Photoshop or GIMP user in an art contest.
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
Ah okay, but i heard somewhere that u can make cool things with a filter and with gimp u have to draw by hand.. so i thought photoshop is easyer.. do u know what i mean?. one question, i heard there are a filter for photoshop, which can make the shading for u .. is that true? and if y.. can i also get it for gimp..
There's no filter that shades something for you. I'm not sure how that would be set up. It'd be pretty tough, yet successful it one was made, though.

Edit: And as shook said, a master of MS paint could pppppwwwwwwnnnnn an intermediate Photoshop or GIMP user in an art contest. On youtube, I saw something where someone in MS Paint drew the mona lisa. I'm sure you can find it easily on youtube search.

So then explain me this thing.. u have to scroll down.. just read the comments http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=180298

whats the bevel and amboss filter.
Okie dokie,

1. The art board is not for things like this, art board is to show off art.
2. moving to beginner's sanctuary ;)

~B