Toribash
@Hours holy fucking shit ive never seen so many lights on a car, those HID's are crazy man, can i ask what the reason is for having 5 extra headlights and a loght bar on the top? Im all for shits and giggles, do you like blinding people when they flash their brights at you when you dont have your brights on? My neighbor works for Jeep and he had a modded Rubicon with some insane HID bulbs on the hood and front of the car and one time he parked at one end of my street and turned on his brights in the middle of the night cuz i wanted to see it and it looked like the sun came out
bitchass
why so many is because budget basically.
the roof bar is from china which equals like 50m of light forth but pretty decent to the sides.
the smaller light bar on the hood is for distance, reaching about 900m @ 0,25 lux, 450m @ 1 lux.
and the 5 round one's was originally the idea for distance, but i got the smaller bar for a good price. now they serve as distance and ditch lights.

basically, having a light bar on volvos (mostly winter beaters) is just a thing here in sweden. i wanted to try it out but had no job at the moment, so i bought the roof bar. wasn't happy, so i bought the 5 round ones from a friend. at this point i had about 200m good visibility, but i like going all out on stuff, so when the small led bar was on sale i bought that one.
all in all put down 3,5k swedish kr, which equals about 350eur. i'd say i'm getting about 500m decent visibility forth, and 20-30m to the sides. for the money, i'm really happy, but for the future plans, this is nothing.
i'm saving money for next years light build, and next year it ain't going to be budget.
M I N I V A N
Originally Posted by Hours View Post
why so many is because budget basically.
the roof bar is from china which equals like 50m of light forth but pretty decent to the sides.
the smaller light bar on the hood is for distance, reaching about 900m @ 0,25 lux, 450m @ 1 lux.
and the 5 round one's was originally the idea for distance, but i got the smaller bar for a good price. now they serve as distance and ditch lights.

basically, having a light bar on volvos (mostly winter beaters) is just a thing here in sweden. i wanted to try it out but had no job at the moment, so i bought the roof bar. wasn't happy, so i bought the 5 round ones from a friend. at this point i had about 200m good visibility, but i like going all out on stuff, so when the small led bar was on sale i bought that one.
all in all put down 3,5k swedish kr, which equals about 350eur. i'd say i'm getting about 500m decent visibility forth, and 20-30m to the sides. for the money, i'm really happy, but for the future plans, this is nothing.
i'm saving money for next years light build, and next year it ain't going to be budget.

nice to see there's someone else doing a budget build as well
i'm going to do an engine swap on my honda del sol, turbocharge it, and convert the drivetrain to rwd (drivetrain swap)
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
sounds sick. though, what's the plan for it? is it going to be like a fun weekend car or a track car/drift car?
M I N I V A N
Originally Posted by Hours View Post
sounds sick. though, what's the plan for it? is it going to be like a fun weekend car or a track car/drift car?

well now it's going to be a fucking mechanics special because i just totaled it
but in the future it's going to be a fun weekend car and track car
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.