ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by 13chillz View Post
We explained our reasoning. Why do you think it's perfect?

not sure, just seems like the part floating above the bottom part is so well shaded, and I love the visor shape, it makes it seem like its a visor, but instead of being just glass its just like a hole... idk

here is a wip I did, its still early, I think I fucked the hole in the top front part, the piece that extends inward toward the hole should be brighter, it looks off but here anyways:

here

im not cnc'ing a spinning preview with a built in shadow. But i will say that it is very hard to make a block for a face look good. you have to have a lot of other support for the head.
Originally Posted by Veoo View Post
I CAN'T FUCKING GET OVER THIS HEAD:
https://imgur.com/ssApi

ITS SO FUCKING GOOD.

easily my favorite head of all time

Looks pretty generic to me.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Looks pretty normal to me.
Selling something? Need some toricredits? Click this quickly.
Main rival of ToriBot since 20&&
- made in Indonesia

The warrior guided by the spirit serves humanity, the warrior without, serves the ego.
@chillz, here is the (shitty), flat:

Edit: I think I realized one of the key things I fucked up: the breaks in the front mask piece that are intended to reveal perspective/3d space are not aligned with the shading of the bottom piece, the lines are straight, while the bottom shading is CURVED.

open to CNC still, of course!
Last edited by Veoo; Dec 14, 2017 at 02:16 AM.
You always have a million little 'islands' that you add, and you go for awkward angles / shapes which ends up looking goofy because you don't do it right.
Originally Posted by Wounder View Post
You always have a million little 'islands' that you add, and you go for awkward angles / shapes which ends up looking goofy because you don't do it right.

jeez, I thought it did it ok in "Frost"

but ok, yeah, I see what you're saying
Originally Posted by Veoo View Post
jeez, I thought it did it ok in "Frost"

but ok, yeah, I see what you're saying

Thats why all your heads end up looking the same, you just do the same thing every time

Try a more simple approach, maybe more horizontal / vertical lines instead of awkward shapes and angles
They may be awkward shapes but there is no right or wrong way to create an abstract piece of art. It irritates me so much when someone says there is a right or wrong way to create a piece of art. Of course there are different skill levels and ways to improve but there is no wrong way to do something, that defeats the purpose of what art is.

Still, I do agree with wounder on the point that your textures follow one another closely and would be refreshing if you changed it up a bit.