ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Why do people go out to eat on a date
I find people eating gross, The disgusting noises people make while chewing and swallowing just ruins it for me
Maybe
Because people aren't as squeamish as you and that doesn't bother them, probably.
wow that
sucked
Originally Posted by StarshipPain View Post
I find people eating gross, The disgusting noises people make while chewing and swallowing just ruins it for me

Doesn't have to be dinner. Could be a movie or somewhere else.
But as stated above, most people don't really mind the noises.
VleniK|MrGarry|Fariz|Cerezo|Team America|
|Ethereal|RIP Source|
You my friend, are not normal. If you heard disgusting noises when someone eats tell them to eat with their mouth closed. Simple as that.
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie
The main reason to go out to eat on dates is that you actually communicate with your...erm...partner. Most other dates which involve activities such as going to the movies keep things require divided attention and therefore cause disinterest or lack of interaction with one another. During "dinner dates" people can also learn pieces of the other person's personality, such as their amount of generosity, taste, and politeness. Not to mention GIRLS and GUYS LOVE FOOD. Basically to summarize one goes on a eating date to communicate, learn, enjoy oneself (even if your date sucks you still get food), and to decide if you are for or against being with this person. Not to mention it is the safest(although most uncreative)option for having a decent first date or really any date.

Note: You may want to try to get over that phobia or whatever...its not going to benefit your love life and may make you seem snobbish or egotistical. I know eating isn't amazingly attractive, but don't let that affect you so much.
DAMN.
Because food is delicious.
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
I'm assuming that as a child, you never conversed with your family while sitting at the dinner table.

What Murr said because Murr is always right and whatever Murr says isn't right then it isn't right.
yeah, lets go to the strip club instead!

I'm imagining you going through your mind thinking "hm, I want to make a thread but I have no idea about what. OH I KNOW". I've gone to dates that weren't in a restaurant, and quite frankly did not even feel the difference. At the end of the day eating is not the point, but how many other places do you know of that allow, or rather, force two people to talk all night in order to know more about each other? The way a person eats can tell you quite a few things about them. I call it productivity, not gross.
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Originally Posted by sid View Post
yeah, lets go to the strip club instead!

I'm imagining you going through your mind thinking "hm, I want to make a thread but I have no idea about what. OH I KNOW". I've gone to dates that weren't in a restaurant, and quite frankly did not even feel the difference. At the end of the day eating is not the point, but how many other places do you know of that allow, or rather, force two people to talk all night in order to know more about each other? The way a person eats can tell you quite a few things about them. I call it productivity, not gross.

"She is standing up on the table and absorbing the food through her vagina.

She is obviously pregnant."

Ba dum tss
Originally Posted by shooter190 View Post
"She is standing up on the table and absorbing the food through her vagina.

She is obviously pregnant."

Ba dum tss

I know this is an obvious joke, but you seriously do learn many things from how the other person eats. For example, messy eaters tend to be either disorganized or lacking in manners. Although these are not factors that make or break a relationship (some of the smartest most interesting people I know are messy eaters), they are still things to consider. Overly clean eaters are usually meticulous people as a whole. Still insignificant, but these assumed traits most likely will be beneficial in understanding why your significant others acts a certain way in other situations and environments. Hence why eating is important to pay attention to, as it is one of the most natural, second nature things we do. It's almost like blushing in that it is an involuntary expression of your personal feelings and nature.
DAMN.