Ranking
Original Post
Single player missions + better tutorial
I was thinking about how the game could be easier for new players.
And since it's not that easy to change the game and make it easier to learn.
I think the best thing is to make a better in-game tutorial.

Tutorial:

I know Toribash takes practice but most of us didn't even know what the joints do when we were playing.
Some of us kept trying but a lot of people just quit Toribash because it's too hard.
So making a more detailed tutorial that teaches us what each joint does would be great.
Because let's be honest, every noob knows what the knee does. cause it was used in the tutorial.
and among my friends which I forced to play Toribash, they always used the knee right but had no idea what to do with the rest of the body.

Missions:
It would be fun to have a list of missions to play against uke and some other computer characters.
Mission one: defeat uke doing nothing
Mission two: defeat Connor doing a very defensive move
Mission three: defeat jack doing a bad kick

And for the better players missions, it could be like this:
Mission fifty: defeat LMG after he lifted you and you're about to dq outside the ring. You get to control tori from (example) frame 390.
Last edited by Mafi; Jul 31, 2017 at 01:21 AM.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
Tutorial

Sir made a thread about it months ago looking for feedback:

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=588152

Originally Posted by sir View Post
We know current tutorial is not good, what we don't know (or well, me at least) is how to actually make it good. So far all the suggestion threads on this have been as useless as this one is: "uh it's bad, make it good".

this ^

Missions

This would be better if it was in the multi-player and idk if people will do this for nothing... maybe add some reward for complete it
Undead
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Tutorial

Sir made a thread about it months ago looking for feedback:

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=588152

this ^

Missions

This would be better if it was in the multi-player and idk if people will do this for nothing... maybe add some reward for complete it

For your comment on tutorials, You're wrong. I didn't just say "It's bad make it good"
I said it needs to teach the new players what each joint does.
I don't think I need to explain everything step by step.

for your comment on missions. I don't know why you want missions to be multiplayer.
What's the point of defeating uke in multiplayer?
There could be small TC rewards for beating the missions
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
For your comment on tutorials, You're wrong. I didn't just say "It's bad make it good"

for your comment on missions. I don't know why you want missions to be multiplayer.

Will these missions be a one time thing? And so how many would you think would be enough, plus if these missions were tied to replays it'd be easy to simply edit the replay file and get the tc that way.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by Blair View Post
Will these missions be a one time thing? And so how many would you think would be enough, plus if these missions were tied to replays it'd be easy to simply edit the replay file and get the tc that way.

The reward could be one time.
But be able to repeat them later if someone wanted
If each mission gives like 10-40 TC
nobody would bother to edit replays

Even if they do. It's a lot easier and more fun to just win tourneys or play on servers which give TC.

And If someone did actually edit replays so they are easier to win.
I think it takes the same amount of time to just figure out a way to beat the mission.

And I don't know, perhaps the code people could come up with a more complex way so it's not easy to change the missions.
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post

Why i'm wrong? i didn't say that you say its bad or anything like that, i just quoted what sir said. People ask for a better tutorial but don't explain how exactly they can improve it

not uke, real players
but, yeah nvm
it's "single player"
Last edited by Yoda; Jul 31, 2017 at 01:44 AM.
Undead
Ive seen countless threads like this. Even i made one.
I think some good missions would be:

Climb on the box
Jump at /am 20 height
Decap uke (and uke is at 500 ed)
Stuff like this single player stuff might get a more enhanced overview of the game. Put different mods in the tutorial, ukes with different textures, different settings (all explained in 2 lines before the challenge starts). This way people would get more of what toribash is. Maybe a weapon mod, stuff like that.

Perhapes toribash next will have a more indepth presentation video and a more user friendly tutorial. I myself discovered the forum after months or playing in-game...
-----
Oh, and no rewards. U cant even imagine what lenghts people go to for some extra tc.
Last edited by Insanity; Jul 31, 2017 at 02:50 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
Ive seen countless threads like this. Even i made one.
I think some good missions would be:

Climb on the box
Jump at /am 20 height
Decap uke (and uke is at 500 ed)

Then you're literally making the missions as complex as learning Toribash.
Heading down south to the land of the pines

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUNT GIVE ME INFAATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*i didnt read that

Last edited by Dumbn00b; Aug 1, 2017 at 03:20 PM. Reason: aJKHSYTF^%T@&Y*UAIOS...
~ded~