Ranking
Original Post
Black Screen on TB
Like the title says, I get a black screen every time I open Toribash whether it be fullscreen or windowed. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, changing versions, everything. I even went into the game's properties and did the width and height command to change the screen resolution and still nothing, I've updated my drivers nothing...

My computer's specs are horrible but I'm pretty sure it can run Toribash properly with a good framerate as I've been playing Toribash on this pc for 5 years now.

Specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E4600 @2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 2.00 gb
64 bit operating system

I've recently formatted this PC and reinstalled Windows 7, This PC is also the family PC which is why the specs are horrible my gaming PC will probably come next summer or early 2019 when I've saved enough cash.

(HvC)Havoc Clan Page

given that you played on the machine before and it was recently formatted really the only thing i can think off is that its missing drivers. are you sure your GPU driver is up to date?
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Yes, I've manually updated all of my drivers and even downloaded a Driver Updater program to be sure. It showed only 2 out-of-date drivers and I updated both.

Toribash still won't work.

(HvC)Havoc Clan Page

honestly i wouldnt really trust any programs that searches drivers for you, they are more likely to get you malware.
also, windows 7 isn't the best to automatically install the proper drivers (windows 10 does)

what GPU do you have ?

Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
all i come across is This as a viable driver that shows up for windows 7 64bit. (from the offical intel website)

if that doesnt work i cannot help you any further unfortunatley, except to sugest that you definitley should upgrade the machine as its more likely to run then.

Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
all i come across is This as a viable driver that shows up for windows 7 64bit. (from the offical intel website)

if that doesnt work i cannot help you any further unfortunatley, except to sugest that you definitley should upgrade the machine as its more likely to run then.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help, but I'm afraid it didn't work might have to try other options.

(HvC)Havoc Clan Page

Originally Posted by Surge View Post
did you try what i recommended? =)

Yes, Run in compatibility mode for Windows XP and all it's versions, same with Windows Vista and Windows 7

Also launched it as administrator and still nothing, weird.

(HvC)Havoc Clan Page