Ranking
Original Post
[REL] Muay Thai
This is an attempt to create a fighting mode for online use that may allow for more contact and less grab and jump. I thought of adding fracture but not being able to move is frustrating, so I left on dismember as it is decisive and more punishing (and fun) during a fight.

The fighter can only grab the head of the opponent and his feet. The arena is an object because it seemed to cause more friction and, if not, it looks cool and can be grabbed. In real life Muay Thai you can't grab the floor though and there is no way to attach yourself to the floor unless you have vacuum sucking properties on your fingers; nevertheless it keeps the game fun.

Some tweaking in the engageplayerpos was needed to solve a little inconvenience related to the game itself, so I don't know if such tweaking could cause any variation on different Toribash versions or installs, and, when the game be updated and such giltch dessapear, the mod would need a small fix that anyone in the modding team could do.

This is how it looks like:

I know there are two more Muay thai mods but I was not happy with them, you can search them yourself and check; I've aimed to achieve some nice-though-real movility.

Have in mind keeping balance besides punching and kicking. The mod has a bit of thrust in some body parts to help the player to not lose balance easy (a bit like in realtoriboxing), turns are 30 frames and elbows... Well you will figure out what has been changed from normal fight modes

I'd love to try it out with a human opponent, in case it is possible, let me know.
If you have any suggestion that may help improve this mod, also let me know.
Attached Files
muaythai_jrs1.tbm (6.5 KB, 117 views)
Last edited by Jers; Jan 13, 2010 at 11:13 PM.
"Don't hate the game, hate the playas" Joel Durham Jr
Remember good sportmanship, we've all been n00bs once.
Thanks for the input everyone, I'm happy you liked it :3
I tried -30 gravity before but -32 just seemed to work better. Might try again later, let's see what results it brings online =)
I'll upload it and see!
plz upload it again soon
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a minute. Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
yeah i want to try also this Muay thai mod!
Muay thai rules
Are you interested in my deactivated inventory?
Send a pm to Missuse for trade(NOT TO ME)
I forgot to reupload it with Christmas and all that, sorry! It's right back.
Fixed minor stuff and changed gravity to -30
Happy new year