Toribash
Original Post
Graphics Options Not Changing
Hello.

This is my first post on the forum, so I'll just make it quick.

Whenever I go to change my graphics options and press apply, the game appears to change the settings, but reloads to it looking the same. And the same isn't very good:

The lighting is pretty bad. Along with the blood.

How do I get around this?
This means your graphics card can't handle shaders. You can try updating drivers, but most likely it's just your hardware being too weak to support better graphics.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
I wouldn't find the hardware the issue, because my older pc ran this flawlessly, but I recently updated my drivers, so that may be the issue.

Thanks for responding!
-----
I'm afraid this goes deeper than that.

I just updated my drivers to beta and re-installed toribash, and my graphics options still have no effect.
Last edited by Spade15; Nov 12, 2014 at 03:14 AM. Reason: typo
I dont know what windows version you're using, but if you got XP you won't be able to play on a higher quality then minimum. Even if you update drivers
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by zwouter View Post
I dont know what windows version you're using, but if you got XP you won't be able to play on a higher quality then minimum. Even if you update drivers

I had XP with shaders running just fine (along with ray-tracing), OS is not an issue.

Spade15: What graphics card do you have?
Also, what kind of computer are you running?
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
Originally Posted by JtanK View Post
most likely it's just your hardware being too weak to support better graphics.

This. If your computer knows it will crash if it updates the graphics settings, it won't do it. Basically, your computer is bad.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
I had XP with shaders running just fine (along with ray-tracing), OS is not an issue.

Spade15: What graphics card do you have?

I use xp with updated graphics drivers, and I can't use shaders and all. 1 of us has it wrong now.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by zwouter View Post
I use xp with updated graphics drivers, and I can't use shaders and all. 1 of us has it wrong now.

You can have drivers from 2020 but if your graphics card is the same as tetris has you won't go far. This is the case when hardware matters, not drivers or your OS. Shaders require hardware that can run shaders.
Also, what kind of computer are you running?

I'm running windows 8.1 on an r7 260x
I'm also using the latest 14.9 drivers from AMD.