Ranking
Original Post
Change color of [Official Rules] prefix to bright red, rather than piss yellow
The official threads are the threads you want the users to notice right away. In my opinion, the current colors of the prefixes for those threads, which are supposed to be gold and silver respectively, fail to catch the common user's attention. This is because I think they are not very bright or even appealing colors. They don't fit in with the red and gray forum theme. Especially the silver [Official] prefix is poorly thought out in my opinion, it's the exact same shade of grey closed thread titles have. It spells out unimportant. Uninteresting. Nobody will read that.

What I propose is the following:

Change [Official Rules] to [Official Rules]

Change [Official] to [Official]

Primary red is a color that spells out danger, important, read this. Primary blue is also a very noticeable color. The same color scheme is used in the Admin and SMod user groups, so it makes sense to implement them to prefixes likewise. Here's a preview of what it'd look like in practice:

before

after

While I understand the meaning behind the current gold/silver color scheme, I believe red/blue would do a better job at grabbing an user's attention. If you have anything to add (other color preferences, any other ways to grab the user's attention) feel free to comment.
maybe using that little paper icon to get people's attention. Make it noticeable
art horder. i like art.
mod requests: https://discord.gg/VEYqUSU
Yeah, that could work. Replacing the paper icon with something noticeable and/or flashy would attract people to the rules stickies. How about making the icon look less relevant after an user has read the rules, similar to the yellow triangle next to forum announcements?

I'm looking for more brainstormy ideas like that, keep it up!
Good idea now change!!!
-----
Change [Implemented] to [Implemented]
-----
Or [Implemented]
-----
This is darkorange
Last edited by NOTITLE; Jan 28, 2017 at 07:06 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
NO TITLE
Originally Posted by Charism View Post
Good idea now change!!!
-----
Change [Implemented] to [Implemented]
-----
Or [Implemented]
-----
This is darkorange

The implemented and elevated tags should be fairly noticeable to anyone who actually is reading the suggestions. I don't really see a reason to change them, as they're already noticeable when scrolling through. The reason the previous colors were changed is that many people tend to just flat out overlook the stickied threads.
I think I might be retired.