ES Recruitment Drive
I'd check the measurements to be completely sure, you don't want to end up with a case too small for the motherboard.
Corsair H60 underperforms IMO, maybe go for a bigger rad or an air cooled.

Not sure how well a 4gb card is going to go on 4k, did you check some 4k benchmarks before you selected that card?
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Not going to lie I did not...

I will do that now
-----
It gets about 30fps on new games 4k... that's not too ideal.

Any upgrade you'd have in mind?
Last edited by lillian; May 22, 2015 at 12:58 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Well I'd say stable 120fps is the minimum you'd want so I'd say upgrade the graphics card...

Or change the monitor from a 4k to a less dense but higher frequency display.
Is there any drawbacks to having several monitors?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
uwu i wuv you uwu
Neko, a 970 wont break 20fps on new games on 4k. I am running SLI 980s, and barely break 60fps. As well, the 970's last 500MB of VRAM performs VERY poorly after exceeding 3.5GB. This results in stuttering and freezing in games. If you want to run 4k or 1440, I would go with a 290X, as they are top of the line in those areas. If you are running 1080, I would go with a 970, as they truly are the best bang for the buck.

Also, your PSU is way overkill for a single 970. You need a MINIMUM of 400W for a 970, so unless you are SLIing, or want to SLI in the future, get a cheaper PSU, and yes EVGA makes some good power supplies, though I prefer Seasonic myself.

Other then that, looks great. Side note, 4x4 does perform better, but will restrict you from upgrading your RAM in the future, so just be wary.
I don't think I'll go for 4k. I'd rather have 144fps and have a few monitors, maybe 3?

I don't think I'll need more than 16GB of Ram well pretty much ever so 4x4 will do unless anyone has any major objections
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
uwu i wuv you uwu
Originally Posted by Kyure View Post
Also, your PSU is way overkill for a single 970. You need a MINIMUM of 400W for a 970, so unless you are SLIing, or want to SLI in the future, get a cheaper PSU, and yes EVGA makes some good power supplies, though I prefer Seasonic myself.

please refrain from posting things you don't know anything about. never cheap out on the psu, neko, it's seriously the dumbest thing you can do and the dumbest thing this guy can recommend. you are saving like $50 when you go from a nice 700-750w psu to a mid-grade 400w that will shit out within the year, it's not worth it. i'll be surprised if a 400w psu will be able to handle the build he's thinking about.

i personally use the corsair cx750 and can recommend it as i had a 550w psu shit out on me last year sometime.

also, regarding the monitors, unless you have a ton of money to blow, don't bother going for 4k. it's not visually worth it unless you're willing to throw thousands and have the money saved up to afford it all (you're going to have to upgrade quite a bit to have an enjoyable experience with 4k). i personally use a 1080p 23" asus monitor as my main gaming monitor, and a 32" hdtv (not recommended) as my second, usually used for general browsing, watching videos, etc. if you're thinking about getting a 144hz monitor, there are a bunch of very nice monitors that are 1080p/144hz, bit costly though. if you want, i can recommend some nice ones that aren't too expensive.
Last edited by Faint; May 23, 2015 at 04:09 PM.
Make sure to consult a proper PSU tier list, going of 80+ ratings alone isn't advisable.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...tier-list.html

The downside of multiple monitors is that they will use more CPU/GPU resources. If you are playing games on all monitors, you can imagine that your performance will dip proportionally. If on the other hand you just have some webpage open on another monitor, the dip will be less. They can also cost a lot, but usually you would get a fast monitor to game on, and then for your other monitors maybe something like ultrasharp 2007wfp's which look good but aren't that fast.

In my opinion frequency, pixel density, and pixel response time are the 3 most important characteristics, in that order.
Is it worth getting a really cheap second graphics card just for the other monitors.

I was thinking my main gaming monitor could be this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-VG248QE.../dp/B00B19T7QC

and then I could have 2 monitors to the side of that like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-VE247H-...SH039X1083VYG8
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
uwu i wuv you uwu