Ranking
Original Post
Story mode?
I had a random idea come into my head that I feel is very interesting. What if there was a story mode?

Like, for example, there is a slideshow (That you can click through) that has text to back up a storyline (Like a visual novel, without the hentai or loli). Maybe it could be like fight club or maybe it could be to save a girl, or something really creative! You can choose the decisions you make which also ends up with you fighting different AI. Like this:

There is two roads to take.

And what would make this better is if it all ends with Uke.

This was all a suggestion I just thought of, tell me what you think.

EDIT: Maybe I wasn't exactly clear. Okay, maybe AFTER each slideshow/text sequence/what the fuck ever, your choices lead to who you fight, which KILLS the slideshow and bumps an AI for you to fight, just like single player. Only thing is that all the AI have different looks, different fighting styles, and, if you want to Minibash this, different sized limbs/proportions.
Last edited by shooter190; Aug 18, 2012 at 06:36 AM.
I'd prefer challenge mode.
Like "Get to X in < 1000 frames", "Make it out alive" (being put initially in a bad position), "Kill uke in less that 300 frames".

Imagine an uke running away on its own and you have to catch a weapon and throwing it at him ?
Toriolympics - 2nd place | Fr_Death Leader |ORMO Member |
Originally Posted by shooter190 View Post
Like, for example, there is a slideshow (That you can click through) that has text to back up a storyline (Like a visual novel, without the hentai or loli). Maybe it could be like fight club or maybe it could be to save a girl, or something really creative!

already done, unofficial Toribash story
Bojans RIFT graphic novel (not completed)
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=234689
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
already done, unofficial Toribash story
Bojans RIFT graphic novel (not completed)
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=234689

When I said this, I meant in-game. These texts, depending on which option you choose, will affect who you fight with and what side of morality the storyline will put forth.
If the game has no AI what would be a purpose of a story mode?

Toribash has no AI that is capable to fight and react to moves that player is doing.

So, you watch a 10 min story to be pitted against a dummy that moves one hand and then you kill it?
Veeeeeeery interesting.

Not to mention that to be able to code AI for TB we would need some genius from NASA. Are you gonna pay his salary so you have something that maybe you and other guys (that can be counted on the fingers of one hand) consider interesting?

There is a way to have this (in a way), but it would include some mayor overhaul of the game engine.
Guess what?
It ain't gonna happen in this century.
It would me freaking awesome if you can do a story mode with your clan
Master of the arcane arts
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post
If the game has no AI what would be a purpose of a story mode?

Toribash has no AI that is capable to fight and react to moves that player is doing.

So, you watch a 10 min story to be pitted against a dummy that moves one hand and then you kill it?
Veeeeeeery interesting.

Not to mention that to be able to code AI for TB we would need some genius from NASA. Are you gonna pay his salary so you have something that maybe you and other guys (that can be counted on the fingers of one hand) consider interesting?

There is a way to have this (in a way), but it would include some mayor overhaul of the game engine.
Guess what?
It ain't gonna happen in this century.

But we can still have a challenge mode. I'll make a thread about it.
Last edited by vins84; Aug 25, 2012 at 01:54 PM.
Toriolympics - 2nd place | Fr_Death Leader |ORMO Member |
Instead of a slideshow how bout a little movie cutscene of what is happening so its more "interesting"
-----
Did u forget there was a challenge uke mode in fight school ther is tht kind of AI there vins84 -.-
-----
Not vins84 sorry I meant 8OJ4N
Last edited by wolf2301; Oct 27, 2012 at 05:27 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by vins84 View Post
I'd prefer challenge mode.
Like "Get to X in < 1000 frames", "Make it out alive" (being put initially in a bad position), "Kill uke in less that 300 frames".

Imagine an uke running away on its own and you have to catch a weapon and throwing it at him ?

I'd like to combine your idea with mine:

What about the story mode is in 2d,you kill people and recieve tc lesser than 2k or extra 100 games free or something like that.
Bye bye toribash
Originally Posted by wolf2301 View Post
Did u forget there was a challenge uke mode in fight school ther is tht kind of AI there vins84 -.-

That's not an AI, it's just a bunch of joint movements that Uke does, he does not act depending on how you act. If you are about to punch his head far away over the horizon he doesn't really do anything to stop it.

Originally Posted by 4kid View Post
I'd like to combine your idea with mine:

What about the story mode is in 2d,you kill people and recieve tc lesser than 2k or extra 100 games free or something like that.

if you want Qi and TC you should play Multiplayer.
Don't want people to have too much TC and Qi just from beating the story mode again and again.