Toribash
Original Post
Ghost dismemberment
I think the ghost should dismember like this:

Maybe if you are at least 1 frame away from a split ? You wouldn't really know if it would split the opponent.

But if you had a dismembering ghost, then it would be much easier to know if it will dismember the opponent.

Do you like my idea ?
Last edited by Lazors; Apr 8, 2015 at 06:31 AM.
-In the middle

I think that this would be excellent in certain mods or maybe if they added it into free play?
But this would ruin everything in multiplayer overall. The tourney's , etc.
Plus people would maybe openers for decaps and dm's.
the idea sounds cool but lets say theres a big decapprize, and our opponent see's that your about to decap them in the DM'ing ghost they could just leave so the prize isnt taken yet.
but for other times it would be cool to have.

-Not supported
Gm's/Mods/Admins Are the Nerd Police
Would change the gameplay a bit too much, I think probably for the worse. Part of the fun in Toribash is playing the guessing game and trying to make accurate predictions.

It would take the enjoyment and feeling of satisfaction out of getting that dismember in a game of *insert mod here*(or even in SP).
It would also make blocking dm hits way too easy(way too easy, would be really frustrating) and take away the feeling of accomplishment out of successfully avoiding a kick that's potentially match-ending.

Not Supported
Last edited by Super; Nov 27, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
fl0w
Ghosts Need An Update
Ghosts need to be able to predict joints fracturing/dismembering and possibly the suggested feature grip breaking.
Here is my post from that thread:

I think grab breaking is a great idea, it could be a toggleable setting for mod makers that want to create something new and different. It wouldn't mess with existing mods, but for the next generation of toribash mod making and playing, it would be a cool addition. Supported.
-----
The mechanics would go something like this:
Hands would have an amount of health just like joints do and the grip break threshold would be how much health your hands have. The health would only be active when the hand was in grab mode. The health would regenerate just like joint health does but if your opponent does enough damage at one time the grab would break and that hand would let go. As soon as the hand is set to grab again, it would be set back to full health and able to grab again.
This would add a dynamic aspect to fighting, so that you could break an opponents grab, but you would have to act fast to take advantage of it or they could just as easily re grab and bring their grip back to full health. It would mean that skilled players could fight over grabs, breaking and re grabbing in an attempt to control each other.
Last edited by ThatNnja; Apr 8, 2015 at 06:05 AM.
Really? you are gonna bump a thread that is like 2 years old...... Just make a new one
Lazors Moderated Message:
This person makes no contribution to the thread whatsoever. This is an excellent example of backseat moderation, which is clearly against the rules. I'll leave this as a reminder to people to not follow his example.
Last edited by Lazors; Apr 8, 2015 at 04:31 PM.

Nah bad idea its better without it because then they will just dogde it or something
I think the dismember ghost should only be in freeplay, so people who spend all day trying to dismember don't have to go trough 20+ variations. In multiplayer I think it has no point, because the opponent is going to move so the ghost dismemberment means nothing. Good idea though.
no. Absolutely no.

If you would know surely it would dismember, making singleplayer replays wouldnt be fun.

abso-fucking-lutely not supported

Apathetic User
You are able to selfbet in the first few turn frames, so this would kinda ruin the risk of self betting (as soon as people saw that they might get a dm they would just selfbet all their tc). If I understand the suggestion correctly then it would only show what would happen if the opponent continued to move identically to the last turn frame meaning that you still couldn't be absolutely sure of the dm (the opponent might dodge or block). Anyway, I think more people can see that this isn't really necessary in sp and would be bad for mp.
Good morning sweet princess