ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Canceling bets.
This is a thread concerning the ban of someone canceling bets that were around 1%. People getting banned for enforcing the 10% rule. To my knowledge, laithoon got banned for enforcing the 10% rule. I don't see how that was a problem, when he enforced a server rule, to benefit the players so tc does not sink, is ban worthy. If i bet 1million tc, and i get a 1k counter, I would want the host to cancel the bets. Seeing as you can only get 5x what you bet, you would then sink approximately 995000 tc. I don't think that banning the person who preserves this tc from simple falling into the void should be a bannable offense. My point here, allow host to enforce the 10% rule in order to prevent the sink of tc. It's utter bullshit to ban someone for trying to save TC. It's our servers, let us run it the way we want to, without the loss of TC.

i miss you ocean
FUCK YOU AND YOUR +1
Jk, supported +1

It's not public, it's still a private server.
X|Twitter: @YRBWrld |-| FB: @YRBWrldFP
Discord: Discord Me
Either they revert to the old ways or automate the cancels. Betting, to me, is basically a duel of the spectators. If you guys would laugh at someone for preposterous duels like full orc for void why can't the same be said for betting?

Suppported
i can't see a blanket ban on /cancelbets being a good thing for betrooms -

from the punters point of view tc sunk is not tc that is making "fun" for them.(surely it is 'doing harm')

from the room hosts point of view - sunk TC discourages large bets (ie large rake)

this isnt gud for anyone - we all need the TC that is in circulation to be circulating in a bets room for it to remain "fun"

yet, i also see the bets rooms being used to Rig, an to 'launder TC' - ie pass it "legitimately lookin", so the Admins cant trace dodgy transfers.

i agree with the GM's that 'something needs to be done.
fucked if i know wot tho
Signature Permissions no
Would it be a good idea to just take out the /cancelbets command and replace it with an autocancel when its less than 10%??
Its Pronounced Zerk-See's ┌∩┐(-_-)┌∩┐
Originally Posted by Xerxies View Post
Would it be a good idea to just take out the /cancelbets command and replace it with an autocancel when its less than 10%??

I don't like the 10% rule. I feel 20% is better, due to the fact that no tc can ever sink. EX: With 10%, if someone bets 100k, and gets a 10k counter, 50k is still going to sink. But with the 20% rule, no matter the bet, no tc will ever sink. 100k bet with a 20k counter means no tc sink.

i miss you ocean
But tc sinking is still helping tb, with the economy being even more inflated then when I was actually active. But I do agree with the fact that if it's a private server then they should be able to make their own reasonable rules.
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
Tim, in real life, where is there a bet that isn't resorting to a counter bet? Its stupid just to have tc you work for, vanish into the void, is it not?

i miss you ocean
See, this 10% nonsense is just that, nonsense. It cuts out profit for users, and puts a safety net on betting (betting is supposed to be risky, its what makes it betting??)

User 1 places 1k bet on user 2, user 3 places 100k bet on user 4. user 2 wins the round and tc gets sunk ono. Really? that sunk tc is tc that would be lost to them anyways so explain to me why it is we should make betting less risky for people who want to drop a lot of tc in a server?
* MMDES222 ([email protected]) has joined #support
[13:47:19] <MMDES222> How to add a brother to the game to make it (mc)
[13:50:05] <@Stellar> What the fuck did you just say to me

Kristis133 is better than me
See, it's completely alright to have cancelbets when there are no counters and it always has been. If you're worried about having your tc vanish into the void maybe you shouldn't be betting?
* MMDES222 ([email protected]) has joined #support
[13:47:19] <MMDES222> How to add a brother to the game to make it (mc)
[13:50:05] <@Stellar> What the fuck did you just say to me

Kristis133 is better than me