Toribash
Original Post
[Mov]Futurama

View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oEeH6v2b6h8

What would happen if you got stuck in a cryogenic tube and you'd be sleeping for a thousend years? I have no idea, but if it would be like Futurama, I'd love it. Wild, cynical and just overall funny as hell, Futurama is a worthy successor to the Simpsons.
Created by Matt Groening(The Simpons)

and David X. Cohen

And now please:

For our cast!

Philiph J. Fry
, but always just called Fry, is the main character of the show. Lazy, light-minded and a little bit clumsy, he gets stuck in a cryogenic freezing chamber in the year 2000 and wakes up 1000 years later. He gets a job as a space delivery boy (a major improvement for the former pizza delivery boy) at Planet Express, lead by his great (з30) nephew Hubert J. Farnsworth. There he meets the rest of the crew.

Turanga Leela, called just Leela, is an ass-kicking, steaming-hot, one-eyed Mutant. And she's single. Probably because no man can handle her (ask Zapp Brannigan about it). Grown up in a orphanage, she managed to become a pilot and got a job at Planet Express. She's something like the good soul of the crew, despite that she's always the one who kicks some alien butt.

Bender "Bending" Rodriguez is a cleptomanic, alcohol-addicted, money-hungry robot. Ok, he needs to be alcohol-addicted, because alcohol is his fuel, so no hard feelings there. Despite of all his bad attributes, he's still Frys best friend. And when it comes hard, even he knows what is right. Well, he was a god once, so he should know

Instead of describing who, or better what Zoidberg is, jut see this gif:

Yeah, that should summ it up.

Of course there are many more to mention, but this is our main crew of the most beloved characters. There are also Hubert J. Farnsworth(the professor), Hermes Conrad(the bureaucrat ), Amy Wong (the intern), and not to forget, Scruffy (the janitor).

The main setting of Futurama is New New York (directly build ontop of New York), where the homebase of Planet Express is located. From there the crew starts all their episodes to different parts of the universe.
The series makes a lot of references to todays world, be it economical, political (Nixons head is president for fucks sake!) or scientific.

Futurama ran for four seasons, before it was canceled by Fox (). Basicly because

But that didn't stop the team from working, and so they got four movies out (direct to dvd), which serve as the 5th season. A 6th season is in production, with Comedy Central as the producer.

Here are the four movies:

(If you live in a German-speaking country, you'll probably have to look out for this box instead of the original cover art for "Into the wild green yonder")

At this point, we need an add, by Bender:
View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZckxohNCMI8

So, this is Futurama. Enjoy it and if not:

You like it now

Disclaimer
This thread was, is and will always be a WIP, because there's always something new in futuramas galaxy.
If you have anything to add to the op, post it

Edited:

Good news everyone

This thread now comes with 100% more catchy theme song. It's right under the Futurama logo! Listen to it while reading this thread.

Edited:

View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XT9XfMriVIE

Yeah, we're back.
(Thanks to Occlusion for posting the video in the vidncrap subforum, I stole it from you, I'M SO SORRY.)

Edited:

I added a link to the official site, meatbags.

Edited:

I went through the whole post again and added a lot of links to www.theinposhpere.org, a futurama wiki where you'll find every single bit of information about the futurama universe.

Edited:

Added a section for the Futurama-Comics

Edited:

More news everyone!

I invented a new universal air wave comparator, with which I can compar any sort of sound to another!

And I found the original source for the Futurama theme!

View YouTUBE video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AOqfWj0HqNE
Nice copy-pasta there. I especially like all the random link.

Futurama is a pretty good show though.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
I loved futurama before Comedy Central purchased the series and hired their own writing staff for it.

Now, they focus far too much on making fun of present day customs such as "Robosexual Pride Day" or "eyePhone". For me, that's pretty... out of it's own norm.

Also: the story line makes no sense to me anymore. All of a sudden: fry and leila aren't real? But they love each other...and stay in love for like 1 more episode, then they aren't boyfriend and girlfriend anymore, then Bender and Amy all of a sudden are together until the green guy comes back or something.

I have no idea but it's not the Futurama I knew and love on Adult Swim
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Yeah thats true Xeu but it was my friend who made it on the other forum!
Last edited by Crytox; Jul 10, 2010 at 10:26 PM.
Murhahahahahahhahahah

Murhahahah

Posts merged, I have no idea what you what you were thinking.
Don't spam.
~Malvie
Last edited by Malvie; Jul 14, 2010 at 04:13 PM.
I love futurama, some episodes beat the simpsons because of the setting.
You should add something about Fry's family, the son of his brother was the first man on the mars :-)
I'm not sure if he's trolling or just very stupid >_>
Futurma have always been awesome and super fun...
cant wait for new things comming... :3
:(){ :|: & };: