Toribash
Original Post
Toribash White Screen Problem!!
Every time I open toribash, Although I can hear all the sounds and the cursor is working, there is a white screen completely taking up the window.

I have tried switching to beta, changing shaders with default.cfg and all that, but I still haven't found a solution.

My graphic drivers are updated to suit my computer, as toribash was working perfectly about a year ago. I have a Dell Inspiron (model 530) desktop computer, I think the computer was made in 2007, I have no idea. If you really want to help, you can look up the specs and all that.

If you have a suggestion please reply, this is frustrating me and completely blocking my ability to play toribash. Thanks for clicking on this thread anyway!
Last edited by FlowW_old; Jan 24, 2015 at 12:03 AM.
Originally Posted by FlowW View Post
you can look up the specs and all that

I tried looking up for that, Every 530 model has it's own spec(I found 3 dell inspiron 530 that has different graphic card/processor...), mind if you list down your computer spec?

Note: If you are using windows 7 & have DirectX installed, you could run the diagnostic tools by [start > run > type in 'dxdiag' > enter >yes]. it would show a few tabs, the only important ones that you should post here are System & Display.
If you don't have DirectX, then try [start > run > type in 'msinfo32'> enter], a bit similar but you need to dig out some more spec like the graphic card.

Wasn't there a thread which shows some driver-related stuff...?
My graphic drivers are updated to suit my computer

a) What's your graphic card?it might be a graphical driver error after updating the driver. I suggest un-installing and re-installing the game if you have really updated ALL your drivers, not the graphics only.

b) Does it mean the LATEST driver update YOU manually updated, or did the system pick it?Cause the "most suited update selected for your computer" thing might be the main reason for the driver not having the latest updates. And as a result, gives some errors, from the graphical ones(solid colored screens like white screen, corrupted text/screens, weird shaders on differnet tb versions etc...) to memory/HDD malfunction.

Toribash was working perfectly about a year ago.

Does this still occur in the old versions of Toribash(4.3 beta [your join date] and up), or only in 4.81 beta?If so, there is something wrong with the files themselfs, it might be either the game files are corrupted. or the installer itself is corrupted. Try downloading the installer once again & reinstalling the game, if it doesn't work then it is your graphic card.
Other then this, I don't know more until you give us more in-depth of your specs.
Thanks for the help!
Regarding the specs, here they are:
Display
Device:
Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel
Chip Type:Intel(R) GMA 3100
DAC Type: Internal
(others aren't important like memory and monitor)

Drivers:
Main driver: igdumd64.dll,igdumdx32
Version: 8.15.10.1930
Date: 9/23/2009
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
DDI version: 9Ex
Driver model: WDDM 1.0
System
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 530
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2038MB RAM
Page File: 1953MB used, 3083MB available
Windows Dir: CWindows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Those are the specs.

Now, what I mean by updated to suit my computer is that the drivers is updated to the fullest (as all websites i've visited say) of it's extent. I've visited the Dell website too, and tested it for my specific model, and all drivers were updated. Because my PC is pretty damn old, the updates aren't that thrilling.

I'm not 9001% sure about the graphics card, but because I have never changed it I'll just say it is the 530 standard; AMD Radeon 9100 or 9200 lol im not sure.

And finally, yes, I have tried 4.3 beta. Same problem. I have also tried the Toribash that used to work, and that one has the same problem too. I have tried reinstalling multiple times, but that hasn't fixed it.

Thanks for the response, hopefully you can solve it with the specs!
i have the same problem
i also have the same problem, and i have no idea how to fix it, cause im much more of a console player than a p.c. player, so i dont want to mess around with anything that might destroy this relic of a computer ( its a HP Pavilion Elite HPE for context ) so if i can get some help to play toribash again, it would be awsome!
Originally Posted by ManGun4 View Post
i also have the same problem, and i have no idea how to fix it, cause im much more of a console player than a p.c. player, so i dont want to mess around with anything that might destroy this relic of a computer ( its a HP Pavilion Elite HPE for context ) so if i can get some help to play toribash again, it would be awsome!

Hey ill try to help you but whats your name in discord ? here's mine Cutter#1893

What's the specs? Have you tried updating drives? Are you using the standalone version or steam?

Maybe this thread will find you well http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=214180
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.
Please make a new thread so we can accurately determine your problem. The "same problem" usually isn't the same considering you probably do not have the same build as this user that previously posted this.

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم