Toribash
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Valkyr completed, it was a little annoying dealing with the small shield, but then I realized I was taking 1 damage to health a hit, so I went deep.

Then I found out the corpus are still assholes even with 1000 armor, so I'm back to playing safe-ish. I still spam 2 from time to time trying to go invisible :s old habits die hard.

Anyways, I'm trying to get Oberon next, only finding the helmet, but I'll get it eventually. In the meantime I'm gonna build Nyx. I remember chaos used to be easymode infested clearing, is that still the case or did they finally nerf it?

You will not ever care about Valkyr's shield when you rank up her ultimate, hysteria. That is 30 seconds of total wreckage.

It gets better. If you maximize her with Power Duration, you can have Hysteria on for one minute and 17 seconds.

You can do that with max rank of these three mods:
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Constitution
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Narrow_Minded
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Continuity

Sucks that they are rare and I have only one of them right now. (Continuity)

Originally Posted by siku View Post
captain space ninja pirate

Add shark to that. It's perfect.
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
You will not ever care about Valkyr's shield when you rank up her ultimate, hysteria. That is 30 seconds of total wreckage.

It gets better. If you maximize her with Power Duration, you can have Hysteria on for one minute and 17 seconds.

You can do that with max rank of these three mods:
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Constitution
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Narrow_Minded
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Continuity

Sucks that they are rare and I have only one of them right now. (Continuity)

I've got Constitution. I'll check if I have a spare when I get home from work today, maybe we can trade.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
I got constitution once long ago, me being the idiot I am just saw the knockdown recovery on it and sold it, not even for plat, just for the regular credits.
Originally Posted by Pidda View Post
I got constitution once long ago, me being the idiot I am just saw the knockdown recovery on it and sold it, not even for plat, just for the regular credits.

That's so sad. Having faster knockdown recovery is very VERY useful in higher levels. :P
why tho
Just abuse the knockdown invulnerability heavy weapons have if they're mid swing. Once you get the hang of spotting when it'll happen & hitting E quick enough it becomes a non-issue.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Just abuse the knockdown invulnerability heavy weapons have if they're mid swing. Once you get the hang of spotting when it'll happen & hitting E quick enough it becomes a non-issue.

Or you can throw on Sure footed and reduce the chance of knockdowns all-together.

Also if you Like using low armor frames such as Nekros or Nova, I suggest throwing on maxed Quick thinking & Rage, It helps alot in a jam. Quick thinking takes energy to stop lethal damage, and rage gives you energy for losing health, so your energy lasts longer. It has saved me many times.
People HATE when sentences don't end the way they

Started building oberon. Also got swindle loki helmet blueprint, so that's cool. Not gonna use it, cause power range is shit with loki 99/100, but it looks better than hammerhead.

Also, can somebody either explain, or post a link to, something explaining damage types, element effects, and enemy weaknesses to said damage and elements? I only know elec is good for shields and corpus, fire for infest, and I believe it's puncture that's good against armor, but this radiation and blast stuff is throwing me for a loop, and the wiki is long and windbag explanations.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
Puncture - Grineer
Impact - Corpus
Slash - Infested

Blast - Causes knockdown on proc
Corrosive - Causes weakens armor by a flat 25% per stack
Gas - Causes an aoe effect that does 50% of damage done to nearby enemies
Magnetic - Reduces shield by 75% for a few seconds before reverting back
Radiation - Makes people shoot other people.
Viral - Reduces health by 50% like magnetic

Grineer - Radiation + Viral OR Corrosive + Cold
Corpus Crewmen - Magnetic + Toxin
Corpus Robots - Magnetic + Heat
Infested Minions - Gas + Electric
Infested Ancients - Corrosive + Cold

Just put viral on everything
Last edited by Isolations; Apr 24, 2014 at 04:52 AM.
Keep in mind that the proc effects only kick in if the weapon has a high enough status stat, much like crit builds. Eg Tysis has a 50% status making it great for status builds.

Obviously go for the correct damage type for each enemy type where possible, but don't expect to have the results you'd like. Eg for Grineer ignore blast unless you're only playing low level since only the ferrite armoured mooks are weak to it; instead a weapon with high piercing damage + radiation is better. The normal damage will tear through low level mooks, and the rad damage will keep heavies under control.

Unless you prolapse forma onto your weapons there's no way you can make a good weapon with enough damage types to fully cover a faction.
So simplifying damage to a 'jack of all trades' per faction:

Grineer: Puncture + Radiation
Corpus: Impact + Magnetic
Infested: Slash + Corrosive or Puncture + Radiation
(There is no 100% good way to set up damage for ancients since they're weak to different types of damage, but it's best to stick to slash if you want to quickly kill chargers & the other common beasties)
Void: It's generally accepted that corrosive damage is the best element, having a high DPS weapon with roughly even stats for p/i/s will do the rest since you'll come across various enemy types there.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
There is no 100% good way to set up damage for ancients.

Actually yes, corrosive is the most effective against ancients.
why tho