Ranking
Original Post
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Hi all, I'm kinda shocked no thread for this game has been posted yet. Here goes, lets hope I remember how to do this lol.

So Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn is an MMORPG. It does have a monthly subscription and you have to pay for the game and the expansions, so it does present a slight paywall to get started, but it is worth it. This is a sequel/version 2.0 of the original FFXIV. That game was very unsuccessful so Square Enix killed the world and remade the game completely. The original game ended with "The Calamity", seen in this trailer for the game:

Following that disaster, the world has had 5 years to recover leading to the start of A Realm Reborn. In A Realm Reborn, you start as just a normal adventurer. Throughout the story you have the opportunity to join up with one of the 3 Grand Companies affiliated with each of the main city/states and even fight against powerful and gigantic summoned creatures from the rest of the Final Fantasy games such as Titan, Odin, Ifrit and even Bahamut.

This game is available on PC, PS3 and PS4. All 3 versions have access to the same servers and players can group up and play with other players on any platform. If you buy multiple copies of the game, such as PC and PS3/4, you can play your character on either system. You do not need a second account, just a second copy of the game. To see if your pc is able to run the game, and to see the character creation process, Square Enix made a benchmark program. Full instructions for install and how to interpret the score are listed on this page: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

If you want to skip the information I have posted below and read about the game yourself, here is the official page detailing almost everything about the game and what this is all about: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/

One of the best parts of this game, in my opinion at least, is the Armoury System. When you first start the game, you choose one of 8 classes filling the 3 main roles in an MMO.

Classes

Now the cool part about the Armoury System is that you are not stuck being whatever class you start as. Once you hit level 10 in any class, you can go to the guildhall for any other class and take a quest there to learn how to be that class. While in the world, all you need to do to switch classes is switch the weapon you have equipped. For example, to switch from Marauder to Lancer, just unequip your axe and equip a lance. This flexibility allows you to have any and all classes on one character. This is recommended as there are some abilities that classes are able to share with other classes, but only if you have the ability unlocked.

Each class can also be advanced to a "Job" at level 30. The requirements for each job are different, but each require a main class at level 30 and a secondary class at level 15. For example, to be a Paladin you must level the Gladiator class to level 30 and also level the Conjurer class to level 15. Here is a quick summary of each job:

Jobs

The majority of this game can be completed as a solo player, but you are forced to group up for dungeon throughout the main story. This is made easy by the use of a group finder system. Unlike many games, this game makes it appealing for a group of experienced players to get into a group with a new player to that dungeon as the players all get a bonus reward that they can use at the end just because of the new player.

There is a 14 day free trial located here if you are interested in trying the game out to see if you like it: http://www.ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/ I recommend trying it out to see, especially if you are a fan of Final Fantasy.

If you do decide you want to start playing, let me know and I can send you a recruit-a-friend code. This will get both of us bonuses ingame. Those bonuses are listed here: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...riend_recruit/

Recently, the first expansion for Final Fantasy XIV was released. The expansion "Heavensward" opens up the area in and around the city state of Ishgard. The expansion also introduced three new jobs. A two handed sword wielding tank, the Dark Knight. A healer who uses the stars and a deck of tarot cards to grant buffs to their allies, the Astrologian. And a gun wielding damage dealer, the Machinist. To access any of the expansion content however, you must get one class to level 50 and complete all of the main story content in the original game. This will take a little bit of time, so I suggest waiting to buy the expansion until you get close to level 50 and decide that you really enjoy the game.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them here and I will gladly answer you. If you currently play, post your character name and server and I'll add them to the list here:

TORIBASH NAME | FFXIV NAME | SERVER
Gum | Dresdel Anung | Excalibur
Grohenbird|Sanolis Hanyu|Exodus
Last edited by Gum; Aug 3, 2015 at 07:50 AM.
Read the Market Rules
In #Support: [19:53] <@firebolty> StileCheat: Did you try this?: would you lick onima's pussy clean for 10,000 dollars
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]