Toribash
I agree, maybe if he knows that he is in this organisation, he isn't particularly skilled. He may have been the one that made this great game, but that don't automatic make him one of the best players in Toribash.

Also, why do you have to be such an asshole, a leader of an organisation should have respect.

Any why would you let Hector go like that? If this organisation is based on the best sambo/aikido players there is. He should be in it. And who decides who's the best?
we decide whos best, thats why we're team sambo . Yes the existing members were added to Team Sambo without a tournament, but they do deserve to be in it. We all have played many games with them so we know their skill level. One thing is that if Team Sambo was started without any big names in it, who would join it? If it were just me and gr3yh47 as the leaders, making a tourney from scratch, what big names would even consider joining? We have created a foundation for our organization, and now it has started to grow into something great.
Last edited by borgpunx; Nov 11, 2008 at 11:29 PM.
RAWR xTeam Sambo
Originally Posted by Hector View Post
Don't give a hostile reception to my words. Try to take criticism into consideration.

There is a big difference between criticism and you arrogantly coming into MY thread with unfounded, unwarranted, and ignorant attacks on my integrity and that of this organization, as well as calling into question the skills of it's members. This is unacceptable behavior in any forum and i certainly will not tolerate it here. And immediately following these gross offenses, you have the audacity to - in the same post, for the second time in this thread - insult my leadership and tell me how to run my org. Your brash, egotistical behavior disgusts me.

Originally Posted by Alphons View Post
I agree, maybe if he knows that he is in this organisation, he isn't particularly skilled. He may have been the one that made this great game, but that don't automatic make him one of the best players in Toribash...

Apparently I wasn't clear enough the first time and I need to reiterate at length so that you can grasp this concept.

You don't know me. I have no need to justify myself to someone whom speaks forwardly while lacking any iota of knowledge on the subject - your comments in this manner are the most base, vulgar form of ignorance. Do not comment on my character when you know nothing of me. Do not blindly follow someone else in an assumption about hampa's skill when you have probably never played him, and definitely have never seen his top game. These comments without knowledge serve only to expose the foolish speaker from which they came.

That said, solely for the benefit of any who may have been following the thread and have been misled:

Team Sambo was originally an underground organization. No threads, no forums, just armbands. Hampa was the last member to join Team Sambo before we went public; He was excited to join, and has given us his full administrative support.

With regard to his skill, you dont need to look far to know that he is truly a phenomenal player. Aside from his membership in Team Sambo; Hampa's clan, [MAD], although now essentially inactive in-game, was and is the single most epic and exclusive clan in toribash. However if you still have doubts you need look no further than your toribash replay folder. Go ahead, scroll on through and watch a little replay called 'fyeah'. Watch it over and over again since you will want to anyway, and ask yourself this question: have you ever seen anyone do something that epic? I highly doubt it.

Also, why do you have to be such an asshole, a leader of an organisation should have respect.

Trolling/flaming is pathetic and juvenile. Stating facts does not make me an asshole. I am very respectful of all who deserve it. You talk of respect in the same duplicitous breath used to disrespect me. I will not stand idly by while you spew blind insults and ridiculous implications at myself or any of my members especially in OUR OWN FORUM! Take that immature crap elsewhere.

Any why would you let Hector go like that?

Before I even started this thread, members had come to me complaining about hector's arrogance and general attitude; I have even been directly asked to not allow hector in the organization at all. I decided to give him a chance anyway but his conduct has been in poor taste at best. I let several things slide before doing something about it.

If this organisation is based on the best sambo/aikido players there is.

Not based on. This organization IS the best sambo and aikido players out there.

...He should be in it. And who decides who's the best?

At least for the moment, Hector will not be involved in Team Sambo. Even if he were the absolute best player in the world to not yet join us (and he certainly is not), his attitude has been unacceptable. We are a Team first and foremost and he does not have a team attitude. Perhaps in the future he will develop the qualities needed in a teammate.

And who decides who's the best?

Borgpunx's answer is sufficient in and of itself, but i would like to touch on one more point:

Historically the best have always sought after and called forth their colleagues to glory. Ivy league schools. Professional sports. The Olympics. World-class hospitals. All examples of the best of the best congregating and challenging each other to constantly improve. But for each of these institutions to start, a confident few had to step forward. They had to stand there, and climb a mountain, and shout from its peak "WE ARE NOT MANY, BUT WE ARE THE BEST! WHO WILL JOIN US?"

and thus Team Sambo was born.

-gr3y
Last edited by gr3yh47; Nov 12, 2008 at 12:13 AM.
MANtrain: I would assume you'd have the good sense not to puke on your own stuff. Of course...people drown in their own puke, so maybe not. Rock on gr3y