Toribash
Original Post
take old accounts
why can't we take accounts that were made, played on for 1 day, then never touched again?
pacquiao
Technically you can take accounts that are older with a name change, as i did to get this sexy username
ohmergawd
Originally Posted by Original View Post
Technically you can take accounts that are older with a name change, as i did to get this sexy username

This is a repost of a Rapid Threads thread where Demon explained his idea more fully.

Open

Not sure why don't we kill accounts after several years, but why would you need to take someone's account? I can understand the issue for new players who can't make an account with a proper name because everything's been taken already, not for a master belt player.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Not sure why don't we kill accounts after several years, but why would you need to take someone's account? I can understand the issue for new players who can't make an account with a proper name because everything's been taken already, not for a master belt player.

I think the implication is that the name change TC fee is advoided, as, for anyone, 100k is a lot of TC.

This is just my presumption given the attitude of the rapid thread post as well as this. (Demon fell free to correct me if I'm wrong)
Well, you can get a namechange if the account has been inactive for several years. As I see it, the only reason of this suggestion is to create a possibility of making alts with better names (which is only possible due to lack of proper registration restrictions).
Originally Posted by sir View Post
(which is only possible due to lack of proper registration restrictions).

I've been asking staff for years to have emails to be REQUIRED but no one listens. Now we have 50 million alts and a huge smurfing problem. On top of the fact that every time you see anyone lower than Black belt you are automatically programmed to believe it is an alt of some sort. That's not fun for anyone. The only change thy did do was make it so you have to change your password 20 times a year. Which is annoying beyond belief. If anything It made it harder for me to remember my passwords.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
That wasnt to curb alts, that has nothing to do with alts it was to stop people being so easy to hack with their bad passwords
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Surely someone can just create a bot that grabs the join dates of people and deletes a list of accounts with below X Qi or with a certain number of days between their signup and the last activity?

Then we get the email bot actually working properly and request emails upon signup and boom thats a large proportion of people who will stop creating alts.

Side note: The password changes do practically 0 to protect accounts considering that the minimum length is 1 letter