ES Recruitment Drive
Re: Insane New Sport
Nah... you need to run... Which is more like harder then jump... :S

Originally Posted by Umbrafire
Originally Posted by Wiggins
I don't want to be rude. But you're pretty late. I have known about free running/parkour for about 3 years now. :P

Yeah, this has been around for quite some time. I think it's really cool, but really not cool when idiots that think they're cool try and do it. : P

There is even an adverstisement about that on tv :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loVxWQXZE3k
Je fixe les gens même lorsqu'ils s'en appercoivent...

Blame the fact that english is not my default language of communication...
I know some Free Runners, they scare me, and want me to try it with them >_> I think I will :P
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
Try checking around for "Team Ryouko"

They do it professionally (I think) and do various gymnastics competitions, and just make obnoxious videos. There's this one guy who can jump up to a platform roughly 2 meters high (If I can indeed think in metrics now. If not, it's a bit taller than he is.)
I've been practicing Parkour for a bit more then a year now.

No, it's not a sport, it's a philosophy and a form of training. You don't compete in Parkour.

The word derives from the french phrase "Le parcours d'combatant" which translates to combat obstacle course, the c is changed for a k to reflect the aggresive movements and the silent s is removed to reflect the effectivness of Parkour.

The goal in Parkour is to be able to move more efficiently and fluently through the terrain you're facing.

By the way, a person training Parkour is known as a Traceur. Translates to pathfinder.
> Old-schooler <
I would probably try it if it wasn't so common around here TO try. It seems that everyone around me's obsessed with it, so it translates to me now as little more than 'finding shortcuts'.

Its amazing what can happen when things like this get too popular. You can turn the fantastic into the mundane.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
Naw, it's been around for quite a while now...
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
Originally Posted by Optical
I've been practicing Parkour for a bit more then a year now.

No, it's not a sport, it's a philosophy and a form of training. You don't compete in Parkour.

The word derives from the french phrase "Le parcours d'combatant" which translates to combat obstacle course, the c is changed for a k to reflect the aggresive movements and the silent s is removed to reflect the effectivness of Parkour.

The goal in Parkour is to be able to move more efficiently and fluently through the terrain you're facing.

By the way, a person training Parkour is known as a Traceur. Translates to pathfinder.

I agree because i speak french and this sport was created by George Hébert during the Vietnam War thingy that's why it is named "Le parcours du combattant" .Abreviation of Parkour is PK. Parkour is the art of the deplacement.
Je fixe les gens même lorsqu'ils s'en appercoivent...

Blame the fact that english is not my default language of communication...
Ah yes, this form of transportation is being used in Assassin's Creed. I have know about this for awhile an I must say that it is interesting.
Originally Posted by kRoKz
I agree because i speak french and this sport was created by George Hébert during the Vietnam War thingy that's why it is named "Le parcours du combattant" .Abreviation of Parkour is PK. Parkour is the art of the deplacement.

I wouldn't go as far as calling someone the creator of Parkour but i agree that George Hébert named it. Parkour is a form of movement that has been used ever since the dawn of mankind because there have always been a desire in humans to move efficiently.
> Old-schooler <