Ranking
Original Post
Acid Elf

Watermarked Flat Image

My new head texture. Feedback would be apreciated.

Thanks!

Programs Used:

blender
Gimp
Inkscape

new style coming from you, I respect that.

head overall looking nice, love the colors used especially in the eyes. well done on that.

hair to me looks off, shading on the bangs looks nice but I don't know what that lighting is on the sides of her hair.

shadow should appear below the bangs to make it feel like the hair is above. not having shadows looks like the hair was just slapped on.

ears looks really bland to me, not much shading and lighting and the hair covering the ears should have some sort of strands or shadows because it looks like the ears got slapped on.

really love the shadow on the nose and below the lips, shows depth.

other than that, good head but needs improvements. I would recommend you to switch and learn how to use the 1024x512 template because then you can add more details to the head. also if you can upload a 3D version of the head on toribashtextures.com then I can CNC much more if needed :-)
Thanks for the advice. The bangs were supposed to have a shadow. Seems I missed something in the layers.

I've noticed that you use 1024x512 for your heads. I actually work with 2048x2048 images, reducing them later. Also I use blender to "sketch" on a sphere. I'll give it some thought, but I'm not sure that would help.

For some reason I can't get toribashtextures.com to work. I'm wearing the head if you care to give it a closer look and perhaps more advice.

nice work so far, there are some tips.

preview

the white marks shows a more noticeable place for hair highlights.

you put the eyes shocked, some cartoon styles uses the eyes that way,
the thing in dark blue is how the eyes tend to be without emotion.

the nose is upward, so complete the nostril to the tip, like the purple example on the side of the nose.

you did okay with the mouth shadow, but remember the shadow is
because the mouth is in front of the chin, not just because of the size of
the lower lip, so the shadow must have the muscle shape, not the
bottom lip shape.

about the ears, you put the ears out of place, remember the ear
is linked to the jaw, so at the sides of the jaw, there must be the ears.
your jaw does not link to the ears, so you must edit the jaw or the ears placement.

the rest looks okay, keep doing it.
Thanks for all of the great advice. I have incorporated most of it.

I do not want to change the eyes much. This head is for me and I very much like the expression.

I do plan to add a bit more detail to the ears, but I also am planning on adding ear rings. I'm still working on that though.

Watermarked Flat

I've tried and tried to get toribashtextures.com to work, but none of my images show up. I am wearing the texture and it can be viewed in game by /dl membrain, /lp 0 membrain.

Thanks!