ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Blub's 'I used to be good at this' Replay thread~~
Hello Hello, i was somewhat okish at replay making few years ago, trying to shake the rust off a bit.

what to expect from me?
mostly, madmans, failed boom attempts, bad dancing, the occasional parkour.
depending on my mood i'll do something with default or -30 gravity usually never with default ED..

what i want to achieve with my journey here?
well i'd like to being able to play properly in -30 grav again.
adapting some sort of realism on the way.

end goal would be to have a parkour replay that i can show off proudly.

meaning, i want ALL your critique to get better, things you like, you disliked, ANYTHING, destroy my replay to the smallest detail if you feel like it. i can take it. and i will appreciate it and thank you for it.
hell, i would thank you for even daring to watch my replay.

Tl;dr CRITCISE EVERYTHING

but enough of me, lets go with the replays! here is my first attempt at it.
i have a kink for playing around with heads, so you'll eventually see me often doing that.
it has no ending and i probably wont make one.
Attached Files
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
In my minimal knowledge of how to do a regular replay I can see the usual problem. Stiffness. Luckily is not an arm always extended or a leg always contracted. Turning the chest like that on a run looks weird, and even more of how you stayed there so much time before turning to the other side. Maybe try relax the things you don't use so it looks more fluid and not as a statue moving the lower end of it's body. Oh, the run was okay. I'm not much of someone who does parkour or tricking so I don't have much to say about it
''You'll never be pusga. You'd be more like eazi'' - BquadZ7550
Ok so I'm terrible at explaining things, but I'd love to try and get you better cause you cool <3

So instead I made a replay to help have a basic line to help me figure out what to explain. First off, the arms are used to move back and forth to help balance and style. The glutes are meant to help keep balance and turning. The chest is not used often, i recommend not using it to run, it messes it up for you and looks odd. the feet help you keep from falling over, you want to try and keep them flat if you can. The lumbar is last resort if you are trying to keep balance and you are almost falling. If you have trouble running because you are falling or something, put your arm down to help push yourself back up. Also mostly use Shift Space to help keep situated and in the right position. It all comes with practice <3

Also I'm a parkourist, so if you ever need any more help, I'll do me best <3
Attached Files
Practice 1.rpl (746.2 KB, 8 views)
'Haku is my lenshu senpai uwu' ~ Static
Originally Posted by VoidVector View Post
In my minimal knowledge of how to do a regular replay I can see the usual problem. Stiffness. Luckily is not an arm always extended or a leg always contracted. Turning the chest like that on a run looks weird, and even more of how you stayed there so much time before turning to the other side. Maybe try relax the things you don't use so it looks more fluid and not as a statue moving the lower end of it's body. Oh, the run was okay. I'm not much of someone who does parkour or tricking so I don't have much to say about it

thanks! i used to be good at running, tho in that replay the ED was a little too high thats why it turned out like that.

i usually try to relax everything i dont need, but sometimes i gotta hold some stuff so it keeps the balance that way.

Originally Posted by rcrichman View Post
Ok so I'm terrible at explaining things, but I'd love to try and get you better cause you cool <3

So instead I made a replay to help have a basic line to help me figure out what to explain. First off, the arms are used to move back and forth to help balance and style. The glutes are meant to help keep balance and turning. The chest is not used often, i recommend not using it to run, it messes it up for you and looks odd. the feet help you keep from falling over, you want to try and keep them flat if you can. The lumbar is last resort if you are trying to keep balance and you are almost falling. If you have trouble running because you are falling or something, put your arm down to help push yourself back up. Also mostly use Shift Space to help keep situated and in the right position. It all comes with practice <3

as above, i used to be pretty ok at running, tho never that realistic or as good as in your replay but i was able to run certain distances. still gotta find my style back how i run properly.
thanks for the advice! also usually i make the whole replay with shift space. ;)

here's somthnig new, without running and well not as realistic.
was happy to get a small boomhit out of it, nothing too amazing, trying to get a feel back on how i can get DM's again.
Attached Files
!Blub smallboom.rpl (148.0 KB, 10 views)
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Nice replay C:

Just a simple tweek is that if you wanted to get the first kick to decap, it's easiest if you hit the neck joint directly vs hitting the head more so. <3 Glad to see ya gettin ye grove back <3 C;
'Haku is my lenshu senpai uwu' ~ Static