Toribash
Original Post
Stop randomly changing prices of items PLS
It rlly bothers me that whoever is in charge of priceing does a shitty job.
Sometimes items dont have a price and the suddently they are 5k on shop.
Sometimes items like jiyu dreads were 60k then they get to be like 15k in shop.
Exclussibe event items get put in shop sometimes. Not cool.
Pls stop doing this kind of bullshit and just set a price that sticks with the item forever!
I dislike this randomness in priceing. Just make up you mind and roll with it. Do discounts but don't change prices like that.

Its not fair for buyers or for sellers.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Nokia View Post
Big post

The fact that TC is easily obtainable is a good reason for the shop to have discounted prices for TC sinking, but it's overshadowed by how easy ST can be earned. The dilemma comes with how to help new people customize their toris with more items even though there are no complaints to be heard from that side, so it's a one sided rush to put more stuff for easy access, and with few forgers the only solution they can find is the re-release.
When newbies see the price of, for example, a 512x512 body, they settle for less and aim for 128x128 instead, that's what happens with 3D items and they choose to wear cheap alternatives that suits them. But what happens when you get TC and aim for better items? You can barely get variety. Items worth is the result of how good looking and how rare they are, specially the latter, when everyone wants to be unique. So, with every re-released item, the economy gets hurt, and it's not like the price change back when new textures released, this is constant and unjustified.

I don't know the reason why they changed from「Many hard to earn old ST = Good item」to「Few ST = Good untradeable item」and then too quickly to 「Few ST = Good item」and lastly combining the two currencies for almost every item. It went far from unnecessary, the reason for ST just goes away, it's just USD bundles which are annoying in every game.

You make the point of a forger being not paid in usd as it's a voluntary job, but that doesn't mean that if there are fewer forgers item releases should be consistent (new or re-releases). With the current state of the game, where items may even crash the game, I would ask for fewer items.

The solution is rather simple:
If it's a new item, the release for whatever price is ok, if it's not new, don't re-release.
And about ST, there's no going back.

There should be some kind of squad that regulates market or something, but with knowledge in economics.
10 months, no staff response to concerns raised in thread.

3 sets of Wibbles rules tho - Priorites huh
Yes, we made some wrong decision regarding pricing, but the sales are always going to continue regardless (we have our reasons)

On a more serious note, there's been no response because there isn't going to be any specific action taken.

We will re-release items, adjust their prices or do anything else with the shop as we see fit. Shop sales will keep happening, and some items will keep being made available again or removed from shop depending on their popularity. Just because some item got extremely overpriced in market due to it being unpopular when it was originally in the shop and thus getting only 4 of its copies sold doesn't we'll try to adapt to whatever price it still goes for in market when returning it to shop. Likewise, if some item got released at a specific price years ago, it doesn't mean that same price will stay forever - if we think the price should be changed, we may do that.

The only category of items that we don't usually touch are event items which were supposed to be only owned by event winners/participants. They might get used again for something, but I don't remember us doing that in past years (unless it was explicitly stated that those items won't be exclusive to event winners, e.g. Superior color).

If you'd like to work on new items or help with shop regulartion so we could release new stuff more often and not have to re-release old items, both Item Forgers and Market Squad are always recruiting and would be happy to get some new people. There were some good points regarding ST/TC pricing inconsistencies made here, if you have ideas on a generic rate to stick to I'll be happy to look into that.
Yes, it is resonable that you change item prices according to what you see fit, i have bean through 2 whole market overhauls while marketing and i i understand why.

But It is that sometimes its just to random on single items.
Also, try pricing items from the start. There are items that have no price and suddently they are like 5k. Some items were priced good (jyiu drrads were 60k- popular item everyone was buying at that price - for eample) and lowered now just like that.
Maybe u see problems where there are no problems.

What i was trying to say is to be more consistent. Maybe there is no actual need to change prices for old items. Maybe you could do that with more items on daily sale from time to time. That lowers the market value of the item wo tweaking the shop value and everybody is happy. People hunt for deals on items they want and other people dont get frustrated. Instead it just seems that there is a monkey slamming a keyboard.
A system with better daily/weekly discounts would fit better imo, and leave item pricing alone. Just my two cents.

Haha, i just read my initial post and it is bassicaly the same lol ) just with more hate
Last edited by Insanity; Jul 3, 2020 at 09:25 AM.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals