Ranking
Original Post
Abolishing excessive clan bureaucracy
If almost half (13 in 30) of the official clans in the game have a "De-Officialization" or "Activity warning" thread sticking out, don't you think this is completely unnecessary? You can't be fiending for those kilobytes that badly. This is only killing the members who come back every once in a while to reconnect with the old friends he made a couple of years ago.
Everyone involved in the decision making process for this automated clan murdering system is a fucking idiot.
They alienated a big chunk of the old guard who would have given a shit about TB Next when/if that came out.
I think that the system itself, as it is now. is not bad. The problem is, it is being applied to already dying game and a community which is in a state of regress. Had it been developed and applied ~3 years ago, when the playerbase was 4 times bigger than it is now, it probably would do some good. Right now it is only pissing off the older players.

We just got killed and I'm fine with that as we survived long enough to reach "our" 10 years mark but let me tell you this - even if I join any other clan, I'll be even less inclined to play the game than I am now. Other refags, that lurk post and play ocasionally, will quit doing that for good.

Give it 2-3 more months and the official clan list will consist of ~10 clans, consisting of their original members and survivors of the purge. I don't expect many new clans to rise up and take the place of the old ones. Give it half a year and you're looking at a game with a playerbase of 50 people, half of them being staff. Good riddance.
retired
I can see now that this was a bad time to implement these checks. I do think they needed to be implemented at some point, but it would have been a much better idea to wait until after Toribash Next, so that a lot of these old players could come back, first.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
@CS, response...?

Most anyone in a position to give a proper response/justification is out for holiday.

I can say that it's unlikely that this thread make a strong case (imo) for removing the checks entirely at this time. What it does do, however, is reignite the conversation within some circles of how the checks should be done, exactly.

personally i think they suck ass right now

reminder not to make low effort, derailing posts. if you want to direct someone's attention to a thread, please contact them directly and ask them to look at it. or, if you're looking to actually shitpost: don't.
Last edited by pouffy; Jan 2, 2019 at 12:32 PM.
A bunch of clans are being killed by the end of the week. It would be good to get a resolution before then.
-----
Also
"I can say that it's unlikely that this thread doesn't make a strong case (imo) for removing the checks entirely at this time"
So you agree that it makes a strong case...?

"I can say that it's unlikely that this thread makes a strong case (imo) for removing the checks entirely at this time".
Fixed.
----

Checks oughta be done twice a year - Clans should be inactive for a full year before they die.
Checks should be manual.
Checks should consider if an at-risk clan is more forum/ingame focused (i.e. Alpha is ingame), and that should play into whether the clan is warned.
Discord should be considered in checks.

Less clans would die this way. Clans wouldn't be blackmailed into playing the game (or making 50 forum posts). Community would be happier.

@CS, use this ^
[sassy] I know it means you have to do some work, twice a year, but it really would help. [/sassy]
------
Originally Posted by pouffy View Post
None of these things are going to happen

not with that attitude
Last edited by Ele; Jan 2, 2019 at 01:41 PM.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
A bunch of clans are being killed by the end of the week. It would be good to get a resolution before then.
Checks oughta be done twice a year - Clans should be inactive for a full year before they die.
Checks should be manual.
Discord should be considered in checks.

None of these things are going to happen

e: these are all things that i have asked about/been involved in discussions about, I'd be surprised to see these changes happen. More likely that checks are abolished outright than these things happen
Last edited by pouffy; Jan 2, 2019 at 02:45 PM.
This is all so disappointing. Toribash is one of my favourite games of all time and it blows my mind that the CS are still going ahead with this despite the fact that seemingly everyone still left in this community hates it.

I haven't really bothered posting on any of these threads before since every point I could add has already been made. I kinda assumed that after long enough it would sink in that the CS made a mistake here. Toribash is a game with such a tiny community, with the majority of older players only really hanging around for the occasional clan event that is hosted. Killing these clans will reduce the chances of those players ever coming back. If Parrot were to get be axed I'm pretty sure I'd never be bothered to come back, along with the majority of my clan.

I know that others have made this point already, but I am really surprised that it hasn't been listened to. It just seems like common sense. Instead, staff are just squeezing Toribash's neck harder and harder until the inevitable.

Again - it's so disappointing
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
i'm pretty most of the CS are in clans that are dead or in danger of dying. could be wrong, but the fact that any of them are sums up this whole thing pretty well
Last edited by sleepwalking; Jan 2, 2019 at 02:19 PM.