Toribash
Original Post
Suggest a good bass guitar!
So after playing for some time on my guitar, I'm looking for a second instrument I can play. I love how the bass sounds, and I wanted to try it out for a long time, so why not? I hope there are any bass players on this forum that can help me, as yahoo answers banned me

My budget won't be too high as I still need to save up for one, but I don't know which models/brands/etc. are good. I'm thinking up to 300$/220 euros.

Oh, and sadly that means I will also need to purchase a bass amp!

As I also purchased my guitar looking at my musical preferences, I play/like the following genres: Blues, pop, rock, indierock, ska, altern.

Hopefully I'll be able to buy a used one. Keep in mind I live in the Netherlands, so ebay is a no.
hahaha, banned by yahoo answers.

In all honestly I have a the cheapest bass I could get and some of those 20-30 dollar strings and it sounds great still. You may need some other equipment, like pedals, reverb and whatnot.

Don't be stingy with your Amp, that's where the sound really counts, aside from the pick ups.
Acoustic electric bass guitar.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
my friend plays bass and I think he has a peavey. they seem to be around £200 at the cheapest (not great at conversion), but they look good and sound good. best to go for a well known brand if you want to play it safe.
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
hahaha, banned by yahoo answers.

In all honestly I have a the cheapest bass I could get and some of those 20-30 dollar strings and it sounds great still. You may need some other equipment, like pedals, reverb and whatnot.

Don't be stingy with your Amp, that's where the sound really counts, aside from the pick ups.

Yeah, I got banned because I insulted a few people and shared torrents.

Also, agreed on the amp. My guitar amp is pretty cheap so when I first started playing I thought my guitar was actually pretty crappy. But then I plugged it into one of those big ass fender amps and I fell in love with the sound <3

Originally Posted by -Link View Post
Acoustic electric bass guitar.

Acoustic electric bass is pretty nice, but I'm really looking for an electric one.

Originally Posted by MintCat View Post
my friend plays bass and I think he has a peavey. they seem to be around £200 at the cheapest (not great at conversion), but they look good and sound good. best to go for a well known brand if you want to play it safe.

I checked out the peavey. Their milestone series are fucking nice, and they sound amazing as well. Definitely keeping that one in mind.

If I had a bigger budget I'd take a fender without hesitating