Toribash
this wouldnt be a problem if people cared more about gameplay than graphics.
The Downfall of all Split Screen Games
I have played tons of games, and I've enjoyed all of them.
but, now as the internet is expanding, more games are ONLY available two player online, which makes me and countless others sad. The reason I am sad is because I have crappy internet and I cant play online, and I have GOW 2, which sucks split screen, preordered bulletstorm, which is only an online multiplayer game. I believe that the downfall of splitscreen games is because of the GIANT amounts of space on the internet.
People believe that hey, if the xbox cant hold this game, lets take out kool features like damn SPLITSCREEN, and put it all on the internet.
MW2 is one of the games that started it all, though it did have a split sccreen mode. I miss the games that we could screen peak and pwn our best friends on. do you not?
Anyone remember the good game blackhawk down and desert storm for the original Xbox?
True split screen titles
You know, a lot of games aren't even pushing the boundaries of consoles yet. Mainly because they have a deadline on which the game has to be finished only giving you so much time to do each thing, which then leads to Split-Screen, that's difficult. I'm not even sure which order split-screen coding would come in, does it come in last or first or what? Anyways, A lot of games, actually I mean every game feels rushed at some point, look at Halo Reach, they could have done forge world 1% better I wouldn't mind it being 1% better. Dead Space has really good graphics on a really good quatro tv with dynamic settings with the sharpness set to 3 and the back like to 14, but it still feels slightly rushed, they could have brushed up on the physics where you shoot something in zero g's and it falls like it's attached to string.

Gears of War has fucking awesome graphics, explosions, and stuff, Hell anything designed by Epic looks fucking awesome and it will have split screen, Having good graphics and split screen probably isn't much of a problem to these huge corporate out to get you gaming companies with the most elite game designers who obviously excelled in that area and can probably hack the shit out of the internet.

Also I'm all in for pretty bad graphics for some good split screen, but I'm never down for Split-Screen and less content, that shit is lame.
Last edited by T0ribush; Feb 19, 2011 at 02:11 AM.