Ranking
The main reason that makes BenD's idea so unappealing is the fact that it's a sort of idea that we've seen failing throughout the years, and still do.
We have quite a few orgs that offer training to people, yet there seems to be a lack of enthusiasm from people to actually teach and give extensive CnC, and those who have the will to do so lose it shortly after.
In my opinion Bleu was the perfect example of how that kind of idea doesn't quite work with the Toribash niche.
I'm more pending towards what Oracle was saying of "dynamics within the organizations without segregating it fuels a drive to accomplish".

Oracle: The very few times I have been to irc lately still lead me to believe that ORMO keeps on being a place for people to bounce ideas off. At least I still do it with NutHug everytime I'm there.
Now I think it's up to the new generation to use IRC for the same purpose because, believe me, it makes a HUGE difference on your game.

I agree with the "acknowledge past achievement" part but in my opinion we're doing so by keeping the old folks on the memberlist. They were the best on their time so it'd seem unfair to me to lose that record and kick them out.
As for acknowledgement of people like ChezDa that are not in the org, we do perpetuate their memory and naturally refer their work to new people here and there, but that's as far as we should go (again, in my opinion) as our focus should be mainly on the people that are at their prime or close to it.

Your competition idea seems great to me. Rewarding activity and not requiring people to do something specific for it, not limiting their imagination, good stuff.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
Basically, rather than make a replay specifically for a competition, how it would work is there would be a couple categories of replays, like realism, madmen, and overall as an example. Members of both the new and the old can submit a replay made within the past 1/2/6 months for any given category, basically allowing for players to put their best foot forward and seeing how it compares against everyone else in the group. Old replays would not be allowed because it's a measure of current ability, so it rewards activeness, and at the same time provides incentives within the organization to share their fruits of their labor in what hopefully would be a friendly competition. It also allows a measure to see who is improving and who is at their prime. Constant winners can be acknowledged for their consistent effort, while upsets can shed some light on who might be approaching their golden age.

Fuck yea! 4/6 months competition. Count me in.
Will probably sponsor some prizes.
Last edited by NutHug; Jun 10, 2013 at 05:50 PM.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Wait wait wait but that was just still a plan right? We should see what Shook will say first.
"People become stronger cause there are memories they won't forget."
It was still a plan but it doesn't sound too hard for us to manage.
We've got ways to provide the prizes, people to judge the replays and the logistics were already broken down enough with Oracle's post.

Shookman's seal of approval is important too, also shook look at the private board plz
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Good observation.
We should make you our observation man because of your excellent observation skills.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|