people playing: 93, servers online: 31, games played: 142,160,532 Top Player: Gang

Toribash Community » General » Off-Topic
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old Sep 16, 2018   #1
Crow

Belt

What things do you look for when buying head textures?
What kind of things do you specifically look for when trying to buy a head texture? e.g. Style, Color Pallet, Artist

Last edited by Crow; Sep 16, 2018 at 01:28 AM..
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2018   #2
Valterain1
Forumite

10th Dan Black Belt

Mostly artist actually. If the artist doesn't have a good reputation chances are I won't buy.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Valterain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2018   #3
Sthip
MENTE MAESTRA

6th Dan Black Belt

If I were to buy something I would go for the clean and smooth style that cartoon is.
because its clearly defined and easy to look at and also it catches your attention and can be really colorful (and cute)
S E N D M E A P M 4 S I G N A T U R E D U E L
Sthip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2018   #4
Mission

Green Belt

i look at the face of the head texture.
Mission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2018   #5
Sparturnha

8th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Technique

I look at the artstyle. I prefer cartoon art because it fits well with Toribash and it doesn't get boring too quickly, unlike heads that are "too realistic" where there's really not much you can do with the look unless you got a lot of TC and can afford a high quality set that goes well with the head, plus the shading of the head would make it hard to buy a good matching force since it could either make it 1 or 2 shades too bright or too dark. That's why I tend to stick with cartoon art, the artstyle fits perfectly within Toribash and it's easier to obtain the look you want since all you really need is a colorful force and a head that matches it perfectly (And maybe some extras) and you're good to go.
Sparturnha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2018   #6
.Horizon
ub3r loser

Black Belt
Clan: Midnight

Originally Posted by Valterain1 View Post
Mostly artist actually. If the artist doesn't have a good reputation chances are I won't buy.

This should be irrelevant, and is the reason why art isn't as valued as it should be. To be fair, there is a lot of art out there at the moment that is not worth buying but when the right quality comes around, it shouldn't matter who made it. If it's a solid piece of artwork, it deserves the high price that follows.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2018   #7
Hikou

Master Belt
Clan: Adventure

I mainly look for heads by reputable artists (as long as the quality matches) or if it just catches my eye, uniqueness is a bonus.
Hikou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2018   #8
intp5w4

Black Belt
Clan: INTP

I do minimalistic textures for myself and thats the type of texture i look for. I like doing realism too.
intp5w4 is offline   Reply With Quote