Ranking
Original Post
iPod/iPhone games
For those of you who have em, got any favorites?

I recently (due to a gift of $50 itunes card) got "The Quest" by Chillingo, and being a big RPG fan fell in love with it. Now if i pick it up i usually don't put it down until the battery is below 20%.
Basically, it's a slightly watered-down version of Elderscrolls: Daggerfall. Great gameplay, vast amount of quests and general variety, with oldskool (as in...shabby) graphics. And that's just good enough for me.

So all in all my favorites are as follows:

The Quest
Zen Bound
Blocked (64th level be damned..)
Nintaii
iDracula
iChess

List/recommend yours.
I have iPod classic and i have a few games. Other than the ones that it came with i have:

Bomberman
Crystal Defenders
Phase
Pole Position: Remix
Song Summoner
Sonic The Hedgehog
and Tetris.

Bomberman
I'm sure you all know what it is so screw explaining. It's pretty much exactly the same as any console version. My only complaint is that Sometimes the controls are unresponsive, but overall id give it like an 8.5/10

Crystal Defenders
This is a game kinda like Bloons Tower Defense where you use different forces such as Mages and Warriors to stop enemies from reaching the other side of the screen. Its a pretty fun game that actually takes a lot of strategy in later levels. There's different levels and classes to use. I reccomend it if you're a fan of strategy games. 9/10

Phase
The best way to describe this is as a shitty version of Rock Band. Its even made by Harmonix ironically enough. It's draw is it lets you use the songs on your iPod to play, but the issue is the notes don't follow the beat of the music. Not even the songs that come with it. Also it's unfairly difficult. Just one miss can completely mess up a portion of a song. Don't get it. 4/10

Pole Position: Remix
It's the same as the original. Good control, Diffrent levels and skins. 9/10

Song Summoner
Strategy game similar to Final Fantasy Tactics.It uses the songs on your iPod to create characters to use in combat, but the songs don't really change the outcome of what monster you get and it's stats. Still a decent strategy game though. 7.5/10

Sonic The Hedgehog
Once again you should know what it is. Hard controls to get used to. Other than that surprisingly close to the original. 8.5/10

Tetris
You all know what it is. It's just as awesome as when it's on other consoles. Played it more than any other games. 9.5/10
FUCKING MAGNETS EVERYWHERE IN THIS BITCH
one word
PEGGLE most epic game ever, only thing i play nowadays
and zenonia is a decent RPG, if your looking for a TD, i would advise Feildrunners.
Pocket God (0.99)
You do stuff weird guys. It's okay, but for a buck, get it!

Hero of Sparta (0.99)
Your a knight and you fight things. Fun, took me a few hours to beat it. It almost feels like a psp game

Line Rider (2.99)
You draw a map for a guy on a sled to ride on. Some people might ask "why would I pay 3 dollars for something that's free on my computer". My answer is "Because in the ipod version you can control your character, invert everything, and download tracks made by other people and upload your
own." So Yeah, get line rider!

Color Splash
(1.99)
You make the whole photo black and white then give a small part of it it's colour. I find this really fun and easy to use. I use it a lot and love it! One thing I need to clear up for the idiots. You can't paint your photo red, that feature is used to tell exactly were you've drawn.

HighSpeedChase (0.99)
You drive a car in top view and try to blow up your enemy in moving traffic. This app is really fun! You can upgrade your car, it has 24 levels, and you can hop on other cars. Computer version: http://www.johnnytwoshoes.com/game/theheisttwo

Koi Pond
(0.99)
Watch realistic koi fish swim around and listen to the calming sound fx. You can interact with the fish. When you shake your ipod fish food appears, when you tap your finger on the screen there is a ripple effect and the fish swim away, and when you hold your finger on the screen the fish come over and nibble on it. I find this app really fun, I find it relaxing and I love the thunderstorm feature.

Cube Runner 2
(2.99)
Drive an arrow around dodging cubes. The biggest difference between Cube runner 1 & 2 is that 2 has Level Creator! Your also able to do other challenges like time trial. Where when you tilt the ipod forward it goes fast and when you tilt it back it goes slower. I find it's worth the extra money to upgrade from Cuber runner 1 to 2.

I dig it (0.99)
You dig holes, find objects in the dirt, sell the objects, upgrade your digger. This game is addicting! I've play it for 4 hours so far (Probably my most played app). My only complaint is that when you are really far and you die you lose all your work and have to restart. So it needs a save function. :/

Those are the paid apps that I recommend.
Last edited by SecondSoul; Jul 15, 2009 at 07:02 AM.
Originally Posted by SecondSoul View Post
I dig it (0.99)
You dig holes, find objects in the dirt, sell the objects, upgrade your digger. This game is addicting! I've play it for 4 hours so far (Probably my most played app). My only complaint is that when you are really far and you die you lose all your work and have to restart. So it needs a save function. :/

Played it. It does have a save function, by the way. It's just a bit tricky to spot ;P
On the right side of the screen there is a metal thingy sticking out which says "mark depth" when you press it. That's the save button.
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Played it. It does have a save function, by the way. It's just a bit tricky to spot ;P
On the right side of the screen there is a metal thingy sticking out which says "mark depth" when you press it. That's the save button.

I Know that. I mean if you have a lot of money and then you die. You have to start all over again. My lowest depth is 500!
What about that game where you have to move the little stick figure away from the bouncing balls?

That's epic.
lol
ARE THERE ANY THAT ARE COMPLETELY FREE?
Cos I refuse to expose my bank account to the internet via Paypal.
And I will never, ever use a credit card.
infamous