Ranking
Original Post
Ranking changes
I'm updating our ranking system. Rankings will reset every month and only some servers will have ranking enabled on them.

Whats new from today:
- Only selected servers will be ranked. "This is a ranked server")
- Before ranked matches you'll get a message. "This is a ranked match (#rank vs #rank)"
- I've enabled ranking on the tourney1-8 servers. Admins can put ranking on any server they please.

Whats coming:
- On the 1st of August I'll clear the current rankings. Yes, all rankings will reset.

On the last of the month will be able to have special events for the best players of that month.

This is still in development so if you have any suggestions feel free to post in this thread.
Last edited by hampa; Jul 27, 2015 at 09:30 AM.
Originally Posted by desu View Post
So are ranked servers gonna be a thing? Some people might not want to wait 5 minutes to be put in a que

Well if my recommendation to bring back matchmaking goes through, You'll have to wait at most 10 seconds to find a person with a similar rank as you to 1v1. Starts at last post on page 6.
-----
Originally Posted by McNuggets View Post
So you mean I'll lose my rank 100 and have to get it back all over again?

You aren't alone.
Last edited by Bercat; Jul 28, 2015 at 02:45 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
I just think that it could reset every 2 or 3 months instead of every single one. Due to the large playerbase, resetting every single month would bring people a lot of frustation about not having enough time to climb up since there are people who cant play 24/7. Other than that, it's a great addition and it shall add a lot more of competitivity to the game. Great job.
first month will be pretty much a test run, together with the system, rooms are going to be set up, some stuff is still under the work. I think that it won't be sooner than 2 month until it takes any definite shape.
We don't know how fast people will be gaining elo and what amounts they are going to reach, it's not clear either how crowded the rooms are going to be.
Things will be adjusted as we go with it.
Two things (I typed a long thing and the page refreshed idk, lost it all so here I go again)

• Is adding badges for each tier, as bronze/silver/gold/grand master or anything a plan for the future? If yes, my idea would be to remove the motto thing under the post and display a colored star (or a little medal/anything you'd like) (according to the player's tier (bronze/silver etc)) and a number inside that represents on which season he got such rank in. (In roman numerals would look cooler I think)
Meanwhile in the public profile page we could have a tab listing all the ranks he got in all seasons, to avoid logging to much information we could try adding something as placement matches, or an "unranked" tier as base.

Edit: Other idea would be to have borders around the avatar instead of the badges, this would save some space and avoid the removal of the motto system, but I think it would be a bit harder to automate.

I don't even know if this is a viable option, but would be a cool feature to have.

• And, I suggest having minor tourneys for each's mod top 10. (since the mods rank will be reseted too)
one small event for top 10 ranks in wushu
one for top 10 ranks in aikido

and of course a bigger one for top X global ranks.

about this one I don't know how much it would affect the economy either.

Looking mostly towards the badges thing.
I like the idea but wouldn't mainly getting your rank from tournaments and how tournaments have belt restrictions cause some inaccuracy in rank?
Originally Posted by numpter View Post
I like the idea but wouldn't mainly getting your rank from tournaments and how tournaments have belt restrictions cause some inaccuracy in rank?

Well they'll get matchmade with someone that is much better than them until they are back down to the rank that they deserve. Also the ranked tournaments and ranked public servers will only reward half the elo (+1 per win) for winning against someone with a lower elo than them and if you lose then you'll lose the normal elo (-2 per loss). This will deter higher players from going in the ranked tourneys. Instead they will use the matchmaking where they will be matched with players of similar rank.
Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
I dont know why but I somehow dont like it, I guess its because I dont like changes in general.
I won Clan League 2016 #DidntEvenTry
Back at it again
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
I just think that it could reset every 2 or 3 months instead of every single one. Due to the large playerbase, resetting every single month would bring people a lot of frustation about not having enough time to climb up since there are people who cant play 24/7. Other than that, it's a great addition and it shall add a lot more of competitivity to the game. Great job.

Agreed
3 months sounds best
4 yearly events for the best of the best ( at ranking not the game )
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
Agreed
3 months sounds best
4 yearly events for the best of the best ( at ranking not the game )

Yeah, this sounds better than monthly. Gives everyone a chance.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."