Toribash
Originally Posted by Stupinator View Post
Membrain: that's so great! but I meant for that to be the inspiration, not the head itself. I really like your creativity in making the unbelievable, believable, you really captured what I want, just one thing. the curves on some of the fingers (mainly the middle finger and ring finger) aren't quite aesthetically pleasing yet, work on that a bit please. also, don't be afraid to tear some skin on the hands. skin on the fingers doesn't stretch that well. also: if you could make the wrists cross over eachother, that'd be great, also try and get rid of some of that symmetry.

Sorry. I just wanted to make something you would call amazing. Plus I loved the pic and thought it would make a highly original and cool head.

Please take a close look of the flat image. The overall form is symmetrical but none of the details are. This was intentional but I will be glad to make it more deformed if you would prefer.

I did not tear the skin on the fingers. If you still wish I can easily tear the skin on the fingers.

I'm not sure about the aesthetically pleasing finger part. Take a look and see what you think.

Thanks for the compliments! Anything can be changed.

ok thanks for those kind words...like i said i might reconsider if i get time but dnt count on it
hanz0:Very well done. These annoy me much less than the default smilies we've got right now.
How's this

My best is cartoon style so it might not look as great as other peoples, but it can't hurt to try

(made in 512x512)
GIMP IS A PIMP!
vexon: sorry, it's just not for me. Excellent texture though, someone out there will want it, it's very stylish and clean.

ok membrain, I'm almost ready to purchase. just one thing, could you (in a seperate file) add some different color in key places (some minute blue bruising on the joints/stretched parts of the skin, some more redish parts in the mouth) and perhaps use a very small white brush (or the dodge tool) to make the brain (if that's what it is :>) a bit more shiny looking
Last edited by Stupinator; Jan 20, 2010 at 12:46 AM.
Former Item Forger
Originally Posted by Membrain View Post
Sorry. I just wanted to make something you would call amazing. Plus I loved the pic and thought it would make a highly original and cool head.

Please take a close look of the flat image. The overall form is symmetrical but none of the details are. This was intentional but I will be glad to make it more deformed if you would prefer.

I did not tear the skin on the fingers. If you still wish I can easily tear the skin on the fingers.

I'm not sure about the aesthetically pleasing finger part. Take a look and see what you think.

Thanks for the compliments! Anything can be changed.

Nice head, im out to pro for me.
Pulvis et umbra sumus
here's what I mean by more highlights, and minute color changes:

not to that extreme with the bruising, but I'm sure you can tell from that example what I'm wanting. something not so monotonous, something that tells the viewer, it's still partly alive.
Former Item Forger
here's what I mean by more highlights, and minute color changes:

not to that extreme with the bruising, but I'm sure you can tell from that example what I'm wanting. something not so monotonous, something that tells the viewer, it's still partly alive.

Images are always great! I think I got you when you said it initially. It's much more subtle than in your edits but I think you were emphasizing the effect to make it easy to see.

Please take a close look at the flat image below. I think it will please you but I will be glad to change anything.

Also I heavily rely on multiple layers. The base image is 1024 x 1024 brown and white with several different layers to add color, veins, lighting, etc. If you like I would be glad to include the base file with the texture.

great job! that's exactly what I meant! you nailed it on the head, I think we're almost done now!

some small things that are easy to fix.
1. color of the teeth, white with minimal yellowish tint near the gums.
2. fingernails should be colored a little more realistically
3. iris of the eye could be colored differently, not sure what color, but yea.
4. maybe some more depth around the scar on the forehead, make it seem as though there's a dip where the mark is.
5. I like how on the right side of the image, the wrist almost appears to form into the brain, maybe if you could add some tendons attaching the hand/wrists to the brain.
6. maybe some sort of infection? something to make it even more grotesque, nothing too big, maybe just a rash on one of the hands, but something really wet and disgusting.

You've done an amazing job, I'm paying you more for this head. 50k more to be exact. Also, I'd love to get the .psd when you're done so I can study it and possibly learn new techniques to color, at the moment, I do all the color on a single layer set to the color mode.

In the end, you're the artist, and I'd hate to stifle your creative flair, if you're not sure about something I've requested, try and do it on a seperate layer, see if it works, or even just do a small test file, post it here and I'll edit it in to see how it looks.
Last edited by Stupinator; Jan 20, 2010 at 09:31 AM.
Former Item Forger
great job! that's exactly what I meant! you nailed it on the head, I think we're almost done now!

some small things that are easy to fix.
1. color of the teeth, white with minimal yellowish tint near the gums.
2. fingernails should be colored a little more realistically
3. iris of the eye could be colored differently, not sure what color, but yea.
4. maybe some more depth around the scar on the forehead, make it seem as though there's a dip where the mark is.
5. I like how on the right side of the image, the wrist almost appears to form into the brain, maybe if you could add some tendons attaching the hand/wrists to the brain.
6. maybe some sort of infection? something to make it even more grotesque, nothing too big, maybe just a rash on one of the hands, but something really wet and disgusting.

You've done an amazing job, I'm paying you more for this head. 50k more to be exact. Also, I'd love to get the .psd when you're done so I can study it and possibly learn new techniques to color, at the moment, I do all the color on a single layer set to the color mode.

In the end, you're the artist, and I'd hate to stifle your creative flair, if you're not sure about something I've requested, try and do it on a seperate layer, see if it works, or even just do a small test file, post it here and I'll edit it in to see how it looks.

I think I've covered everything. Your suggestions have been most helpful. I was trying to literal interpreted the reference image. I much prefer what has resulted which is definitely inspired by the image by quite different as well. I'd like to think it's better than the reference image.

I've made all the changes on seperate layers except for the wrist modifications which have been done to the base image. If can provide one of the previous files in which this is unmodified if you like.

Last edited by Membrain; Jan 20, 2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: posted wrong image

excellent!

just a few more things then we'll be done.

1. The iris of the eye is great, excellent color choice. I'm just wondering if maybe it's a bit too vivid? perhaps try and make it almost appear as if he has cataracts.
2. the wound is excellent. very realistic. But maybe some sort of rash around it, it seems almost like a cut or tear, instead of an infection.
3. the mark still looks a little too clean. maybe a bright shade of pink/blue around the direct edges would fix that, make it look a little more infected.
4. seems like the edge of a bone should be showing at the bottom of the wound, should be an easy fix.
Former Item Forger