Toribash
Original Post
ToribashNext and ToriCoins
Toribash next is using a new currency called ToriCoin.

ToriCoin will use the distributed http://www.Ethereum.org blockchain platform. It is well suited to safely handle our the currency. It also will allow you to trade them outside Toribash, you fully own your ToriCoins.

In the upcoming weeks we are going to do start selling ToriCoins using a crowdsale. We do this to fund more and quicker development of Toribash Next.

If you want to participate you need to install an Etherum compatible wallet. I recommend http://www.parity.io and get some Ether currency.
Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
Bump.

Why are we changing currency?

If I am correct, and feel free to correct me on this, TB doesn't control the flux of rates, but the service you are using does(?)

Seems more risky than anything because prices could suddenly plummet.

Sounds like a way for you guys to make more money imo and not benefit the community.

So, I ask, why are you transferring to another currency that can fluctuate up and down on a whim, instead of just using the TC system we have here? It just doesn't make sense to me.

The players control the currency now, not hampa.

If it plummets it is our fault.

The service doesnt control the money at all it just holds it for you.
My way or no way, totalatarian.
Can we have any tutorials about how better to create/buy ethereum/toricoins?

Right now ethereum is down,
maybe good time to buy some.
--------
nvm already found one.
Last edited by FlyingMonk; Jul 18, 2017 at 04:49 AM.
This might be nice, but i don't understand about the Ethereum wallet.
We can mine these coins, like bit coins and use it in Toribash and vice-versa?
If yes how we do it?
Undead Leader - Item Forger - Left-Handed - DeviantArt - Scorpius
[SIGPIC]https://cache.toribash.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4476328_4.gif[/SIGPIC]
So you are trying to market another type of mineable coin that can be used outside of Toribash for purchase of other services but never actually will be and no one will trade in it because it's actually worthless? Not being a dick but it sounds like Dogecoin and other spin offs such as that.

Just stick with TC for the game currency theres no need for a currency that can be used outside of the game, it is a game after all, a lot of children play it.

EDIT: Came across hot headed on the idea as it is after all meant to gain funds for Toribash Next - wouldn't it be a good idea to have some sort of reveal of how far you have gotten / what we are to actually expect of a finished or closed to finished product or even a started one? Have just a kickstarter/other way of form of donation instead of wasting time with the coin idea maybe?
I think previews is a good way to keep players interested, so it's not a blind purchase.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by T0astman View Post
EDIT: Came across hot headed on the idea as it is after all meant to gain funds for Toribash Next - wouldn't it be a good idea to have some sort of reveal of how far you have gotten / what we are to actually expect of a finished or closed to finished product or even a started one? Have just a kickstarter/other way of form of donation instead of wasting time with the coin idea maybe?

They're doing the pre-sale of ToriCoins to help fund Toribash Next yeah, but it looks like it's going to remain a thing after Toribash Next comes out.

I sort of agree with the others who don't see the need for us to be able to use TB currency outside of Toribash. It seems like odd practice.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
They're doing the pre-sale of ToriCoins to help fund Toribash Next yeah, but it looks like it's going to remain a thing after Toribash Next comes out.

I sort of agree with the others who don't see the need for us to be able to use TB currency outside of Toribash. It seems like odd practice.

The use-case we are developing for is to have community run servers. They will be outside nabi's control but still part of the Tori economy.