Ranking
Original Post
RPL Viewer (Android/iOS)
Ok this is kind of a big thing.
I love to scroll to the forums with my smartphone from time to time.

And what I would love to have is a replay viewer so I can watch and comment replays where ever I am.

I think this would enhance activity in the community and be a whole lot of fun at the same time.
evil Führer of Evil
That'd involve a 100% perfect port of entire game being put on phones

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Exactly. Time for our devs to show why they are torilegends
-----
I forgot that text can't sound ironic
Last edited by Oaky; May 19, 2016 at 03:41 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
evil Führer of Evil
What if you could convert .rpl files to mp4 files? You would be able to watch the replay, but be unable to move the camera.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
I think that would take a powerful phone, since the .rpl files only has the inputs and some rough positions and not a prerecorded video.
You would basicly need a grapgics card.
I AM BY FAR NOT A COMPITER EXPERT, BUT ALSO NOT STUPID.

It would still be awesome

Klein Bottles only have one surface so they are the easiest thing to clean

I think it would be cool so you can watch your replays on the go or at school.
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
That'd involve a 100% perfect port of entire game being put on phones

Not if you just put a system that you just basicly pre-renderizes the .rpl files but it wouldn't work for old replays if you don't save them again. The graphics part isn't much of a big deal to me, it will take a long time since you will have to go first with some balls and red pixels as blood, to something more elegant, like playing it in minimum graphics (I think that's the maximum you can get with bad cellphones). The problem is that you should have 30 fps or more, which is hard if we are talking about a game with so much calculations. And I also have a good idea with it. Why not when rendering a replay the computer already do all calculations and set a fps limit to 60 or 120? It should have a way to compress everything.
Keep walking
Except the .rpl is viewed in game. Have a plan on converting it to something that the phone can actually use?
I think I might be retired.
if this was ever implemented, the .rpl will have a really low frame rate depending on your phone RAM. Making this happen is difficult but who knows.
what makes this different from other dynamic games?
i know nothing about coding or phones or ports
i just make replays and i get a hankering in the middle of the day to watch some replays