Ranking
Originally Posted by -Cyri- View Post
Again, there's a difference between a biological fuck up and a mental disorder.

do you know what you're talking about or do you just think people wake up and decide they're going to be transgender, or decide to be gay?

It's a biological screw up, just like being gay. It's not a mental disorder.

Homosexuality is a mental disorder.

You weren't born attracted to the same gender. Cut the emotional bullshit and think logically.
Originally Posted by Kessi View Post
Homosexuality is a mental disorder.

You weren't born attracted to the same gender. Cut the emotional bullshit and think logically.

You actually are, go read up on some stuff and educate yourself before you come into a discussion thread and come off like a moron, thanks.
You actually are, go read up on some stuff and educate yourself before you come into a discussion thread and come off like a moron, thanks.

I won't educate myself because I like learning on my own.

I can sit here and prove to you how it's a mental disorder but your emotion would spew out all over this thread. I rather not waste my time with somebody as imbecilc like you.

You can't educate yourself on a entire topic that incredibly biased. But we're here to talk about trans, not homosexual. He has a good argument. You are not born thinking "I'm actually a woman." It's something you develop overtime. You can not be born with a thought.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Originally Posted by Valterain1 View Post
You can't educate yourself on a entire topic that incredibly biased. But we're here to talk about trans, not homosexual. He has a good argument. You are not born thinking "I'm actually a woman." It's something you develop overtime. You can not be born with a thought.

No one is talking about a thought, I'm not anyway. As you said, no one is born with a thought, it's biological. Just like you're biologically wired to be a guy, some people get the wires crossed and shit goes wrong. It's common.

Gay people are a great example. No straight guy wakes up one day and is like "I'm gonna suck some dick today" (Unless they lost a bet or REALLY need money.)
No one is talking about a thought, I'm not anyway. As you said, no one is born with a thought, it's biological. Just like you're biologically wired to be a guy, some people get the wires crossed and shit goes wrong. It's common.

Gay people are a great example. No straight guy wakes up one day and is like "I'm gonna suck some dick today" (Unless they lost a bet or REALLY need money.)

You can't prove that it's biological. There's no evidence to support it whatsoever. Google "Causes of transsexualism" and the only thing you're going to get are mainly biased opinions from a wikipedia article. Sexual orientation is not something that is caused by a "Biological defect"
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
You can't prove that it's biological. There's no evidence to support it whatsoever. Google "Causes of transsexualism" and the only thing you're going to get are mainly biased opinions from a wikipedia article. Sexual orientation is not something that is caused by a "Biological defect"

Then that leaves assumptions and this whole discussion would be pointless then, wouldn't it? If no one knows what causes it, what's the point of assuming and beating the same dead horse.
This thread... wow. A whole bunch of hate here, not too much respect for one another.

What I find annoying with present day media agenda with this Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner situation here in the states is how polarizing reporters and interviewers are making the situation out to be. This "you either completely respect and love this decision to transform from a male olympic gold medalist to female touched up vogue model, or you're a trans-phobic jerk.". Honest to god I'm pretty ignorant on the subject, it hasn't ever been a big part of my life because I was never exposed to it, I'm learning now of terms like cis, pan, etc. and their relationship to sexuality. As someone who likes to critically think and take in the information, process it, and make an informed decision, I dislike that people feeling uneasy or unsure about all of this are being treated as bigots.

I think they are all at least valid questions worth posing. I was mulling it over today, and, I guess the person wants to go by the name "Caitlyn" said, while she was still a he, that "I always have had a woman's brain." and I simply can't fathom what that means. I feel like it's almost disingenuous to simply assert "No no, I'm actually a woman.", and I don't know why this matters, I don't know if it matters, but for some reason that phrase about the whole "woman's brain" thing bothers me because Bruce Jenner, the male, was very much a straight male. He was sexually attracted to women. When asked about whether or not that was changing, he said no. So despite being born a man, attracted to women, there's this assumption that he has a woman's brain and was born in the wrong body. Which is confusing. Just need to add here after reading this over: I'm not saying it's not okay to be a female attracted to other females, I'm just saying if I were a male at birth attracted to other females, I'd have a hard time convincing myself that I should have been born female. But to top it all off, he wants to keep his penis. So he's a male, sexually attracted to women, who decides at age 65 to undergo the transformation with the shaving down of his adam's apple, the lips, the face, the hair, the boobs, etc. to have a woman's figure, but she (Caitlyn now) likes females still, and top it all of wants to keep (her?) penis.

I don't know that's just a bunch to take in, and I don't even know where or how to start.
Last edited by Bodhisattva; Jun 3, 2015 at 06:01 AM.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by Kessi View Post
I won't educate myself because I like learning on my own.

How, precisely, does one "learn on their own" without "educating themselves"? Is it a fancy way of saying "I don't understand how facts or evidence work so I'm going to say nonsensical bullshit like 'I won't educate myself because I like learning on my own'"?

So are we just ignoring the massive volume of literature that suggestions at least some genetic/epigenetic/biological influence, or...?
Last edited by hanz0; Jun 3, 2015 at 06:31 AM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
"How, precisely, does one "learn on their own" without "educating themselves"? Is it a fancy way of saying "I don't understand how facts or evidence work so I'm going to say "nonsensical bullshit" like 'I won't educate myself because I like learning on my own'"?"

You state it's bullshit but you did you read a book to learn how to walk? I don't suppose you googled it either.