Ranking
I hate how people have and are using religion as a sort of leeway for killing the people they dislike (terrorist groups for example).

Things such as right and wrong do not need to be affiliated with religion to exist. I don't think we need religion to define those things either. It's more based on empathy then anything else really.

Someone takes your shit, you don't like it. It is BAD. Someone hurts you, you don't like it. It is BAD. We don't need the Bible or the Tanahk to tell us this.
Of course, if you are some crazy mental dude who loves killing and pain, well this doesn't apply to you XD
I deleted my sig cuz clan bai nao
Personally I find westboro baptist church is an example of using religion to hate those you don't like.
ShhhMikes Moderated Message:
I need big juicy celery sticks ;3
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
seriously.... Nazis literally had 'GOD WITH US' engraved into SS belt buckles. Nazis ddnt reject religion, they embraced it.

I'm pretty sure Hitler was anti-Christian if not at least dismissive of it. The holocaust was an act against a religion/ethnicity by an atheist. I'de say that's check mate for the crusades.
Good morning sweet princess
Although the bible was an extremely influential text, one of the most referenced to books today, it doesn't speak for religion as a whole.

Originally I was going to say yes but i'm honestly sitting here scratching my head trying to think. I guess there's been a lot of charity work done but thats really all I can think of.

The negatives far out weigh the positives though, 911, the crusades, the conflict in the middle east and a string of molestation cases just off the top of my head.
oxisudofrenohypoglycemolicodin
I guess most of us can agree that religion, or more so how it was/is used has done more bad then good for society in general.
I deleted my sig cuz clan bai nao
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
I'm pretty sure Hitler was anti-Christian if not at least dismissive of it. The holocaust was an act against a religion/ethnicity by an atheist. I'de say that's check mate for the crusades.

You're trolling or actually you are just stupid which is sad.

First of all Hitler literally wasnt an atheist.
Secondly, atheism wasn't the cause of the holocaust you freaking dimwit.
that logic is so incredibly flawed.
by that logic you could say:

"The holocaust was an act against a religion/ethnicity by an mustached person"

And conclude that having an mustache makes you commit genocide.
Once again, atheism doesn't cause crimes, ITS JUST NOT BELIEVING IN A GOD. That's it.
Hitler did not commit any crimes in the name of atheism, nor did Stalin etcetc.

So even if Hitler was an atheist, it wouldn't matter, he also had black hair but that doesn't matter either.

please stop trolling your own board.
Last edited by cowmeat; Nov 10, 2015 at 01:28 PM.
"Think of an evil act that a religious person committed that a nonbeliever couldn't do, easy. Now think of an evil act that a nonbeliever could do that a religious person couldn't, you can't"

I tried to do as you asked and now I am a troll? If I am missing the point of the thread, you baited me to. How about you stop crying "troll!" everytime you fail to properly express your points?
Good morning sweet princess
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
I tried to do as you asked and now I am a troll? If I am missing the point of the thread, you baited me to. How about you stop crying "troll!" everytime you fail to properly express your points?

So a religious person cannot commit genocide?

Well I'm sorry, I just didn't think you were so stupid, that youd say that the holocaust was caused by of atheism, a.k.a not believing in a god.

Thats all

"We can talk about Stalin as well if you like. The purges were pretty horrific. I am not a historian and am very busy at the moment so I'm not going to try to argue either way, but I'm pretty sure the world wars had higher death counts than the crusades."

In previous posts you imply atheism cause WW2, so how can I not think you are trolling.

I'll just leave this convo.
Last edited by cowmeat; Nov 10, 2015 at 02:09 PM.
Originally Posted by NiteNite View Post
I hate how people have and are using religion as a sort of leeway for killing the people they dislike (terrorist groups for example)

Aye, I hate that too.

Originally Posted by Squigling View Post
Personally I find westboro baptist church is an example of using religion to hate those you don't like.

I might also mention that they're incorrectly using religion to justify their hate. I don't think religion is inherently bad. People are. They read something, pick out a single line that they thing they agree with, and ignore the rest of the text. If the people at the Westboro Baptist Church actually truly cared about the Bible they'd see that they're called to love their neighbor, not protest their funerals and hate them.

Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
You're trolling or actually you are just stupid which is sad.

First of all Hitler literally wasnt an atheist.
Secondly, atheism wasn't the cause of the holocaust you freaking dimwit.
that logic is so incredibly flawed.
by that logic you could say:

"The holocaust was an act against a religion/ethnicity by an mustached person"

And conclude that having an mustache makes you commit genocide.
Once again, atheism doesn't cause crimes, ITS JUST NOT BELIEVING IN A GOD. That's it.
Hitler did not commit any crimes in the name of atheism, nor did Stalin etcetc.

So even if Hitler was an atheist, it wouldn't matter, he also had black hair but that doesn't matter either.

please stop trolling your own board.

I shouldn't have to, right? You understand how utterly ridiculous that statement is, right? Atheism, just like any other ideology, can drive someone to commit crimes. Atheists aren't let off the hook of that because they think they're more intelligent than other people. Atheism already creates conflict, it's only a matter of time before we hear about (although, our media coverage about events like this is really bad, so we probably won't hear about it actually) church bombings/killings and whatever else. And honestly, I bet people will blame religion there too.

When I have a bit more time (Read: Motivation) on my hands I'll participate a little bit more, but until then you'll have to circle jerk amongst yourselves for a bit unless someone else comes by.
Last edited by pouffy; Nov 10, 2015 at 02:23 PM.
Originally Posted by pouffywall View Post

I shouldn't have to, right? You understand how utterly ridiculous that statement is, right? Atheism, just like any other ideology, can drive someone to commit crimes.

Not believing in something is an ideology? Ummmmmm, I don't know what to say to that.
Ideology requires something more than just "yeah, I don't believe that"

okay, now I really need to leave this convo, getting too upset.
Last edited by cowmeat; Nov 10, 2015 at 02:39 PM.