Toribash
Original Post
When will the ranks be edited?
We dont have anyong in diamond atm.

When will they fix the ranks? its the last week of Season 3 and I'm hungry for the diamond tier rewards :^)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
^ a few more days before season 3 ends why do we not have diamond tier? :^(

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Ranks don't require "fixing", it's just that none of players got required elo.
Top 3 players of the season would still receive diamond tier rewards regardless of their rank tier (as it's specified in season 3 announcement thread).
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Ranks don't require "fixing", it's just that none of players got required elo.
Top 3 players of the season would still receive diamond tier rewards regardless of their rank tier (as it's specified in season 3 announcement thread).

Then maybe that's not the right way to do it. Look at huge games like League and Overwatch, you never find players that aren't at the top ranks.

Diamond shouldn't be a fixed ELO thing, and if it is, then players should gain more ELO if there are few players up in diamond, so diamond isn't empty. That seems stupid to me.
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
Then maybe that's not the right way to do it. Look at huge games like League and Overwatch, you never find players that aren't at the top ranks.

Diamond shouldn't be a fixed ELO thing, and if it is, then players should gain more ELO if there are few players up in diamond, so diamond isn't empty. That seems stupid to me.

because they are more populated.

diamond should be renamed then and be given out to the top 5 ranking players or something. as the highest tiers in those games are given out.
but basically people just haven't hid the elo cap for diamond, possibly because they are too bad or not playing enough to gain enough elo.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
because they are more populated.

diamond should be renamed then and be given out to the top 5 ranking players or something. as the highest tiers in those games are given out.
but basically people just haven't hid the elo cap for diamond, possibly because they are too bad or not playing enough to gain enough elo.

Let's take a look at, for example, the top ranks in Overwatch and League of Legends.
Originally Posted by League
The Challenger tier is the highest tier in the League ranked system which consists the 200 most skilled and competitive League of Legends players. There is no LP limit, but players must overtake each other's counts to gain standing. Every 24 hours the top 200 players will promote to Challenger, placing lower will result in demotion.

Originally Posted by Overwatch
At some point during each season, the Top 500 system starts. After that point, if a player manages to attain a Skill Rank in the top 500 of all ranked players within their region (PlayStation 4 and Xbox each count as a region) and has played 50 or more competitive games that season, they will achieve Heroic status (represented by a special icon)...

Either TB implements a Top 200-esque rank, or lowers the required MMR for diamond (seems dumb that nobody, not even the best players are capable of reaching diamond). I don't really see another option.
If no one is getting diamond, players don’t feel it’s worth the tedious grind for it. That means it needs to be fixed. Tweak how much elo players get/lose per match. Diamond players this season should get elo faster if they place bronze next season.
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

Originally Posted by TyZi View Post
If no one is getting diamond, players don’t feel it’s worth the tedious grind for it. That means it needs to be fixed. Tweak how much elo players get/lose per match. Diamond players this season should get elo faster if they place bronze next season.

I agree with this, I'd like to suggest that if a platinum player has a really high win rate (top couple of players have a W/L of over 2.0), they should be gaining ELO much faster and therefore getting to diamond quicker (N3WB has played 700 GAMES with a 2.0 W/L and he's still platinum).

Not sure if that's in place already, if it's not, it should be.
I disagree. The winrate elo should be slow before you hit diamond. It should be much HARDER to move up by streaks alone. A streak should be minimally effective. Maybe if the ranking up was static throughout the ranks, but the ranking down was much more heavy, that could be a good alternative.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Originally Posted by Greg View Post
Maybe if the ranking up was static throughout the ranks, but the ranking down was much more heavy, that could be a good alternative.

What you're suggesting would mean that an unlucky losing streak would send you flying down the ranks and it'd be very difficult to get back up...?