ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
How would you change Toribash? Over 1 million TC worth of prizes!

EVENT OVER

How would you change Toribash?

Hey there. I'm quitting Toribash, and therefore need to find a home for all my items and TC. Due to my failure to sell my account, I've decided to host this event.

The aim of the event is to detail how you would change toribash if you were put in charge for a day. You need to identify the areas that need improvement in the game and the forums, and address them in your own work.

I want to let your imagination flow, so you can enter in any way you want. You can create a piece of art, write an essay, design a mod ir maybe even make a model. the choices are endless and I can guarantee I will make it worth your work. Who knows, maybe even the developers could learn from your ideas

The prizes

This event has perhaps the biggest prize pot ever in toribash history (correct me if i'm wrong!), with over 1,000,000TC overall being given away, via items, sets or just TC.

1st prize - 600,000TC

2nd prize - MY INVENTORY (worth around 500k)

3rd prize - this texture set and this head texture. (head made by zanzaba <3, set made by me)

Rules

No plagurism (copying other people's work)
My decision is final on the winners

This competition will end in two weeks, good luck!

Last edited by BirdFlu; Nov 17, 2009 at 07:30 PM.
Quit, probably.
Great competition, I seriously hope that we get some good ideas.
I am going to spend to spend serious time on this.
[2nd Dan]-[Sigma]
Gynx's brick pimp ^^. "Gynx": A brick has holes, what more do you want?
BAN EVERYONE!
okay that was a joke
i'll think about this seens very cool!
i thinked something :
I'll call
Tori Stats
Is like this
Each belt up you have
you get 5 points to add (like MMORG games)
There the options
Damage (each point you put here,you attacks give more damage)
Defence (Each Point you put here,the enemy deals less damage to you)
Agility ( Each point you put here, you will have more speed)
Fracture Defence[FD] (Each Point You Put here, your defence again't fracture is better)
Dismember Defebce [DD] (Each point you put here,you get defence agains't dismember)

another thing :
Belt Gifts!
Well this is simple
Each belt you got
you get a gift
When you start
White Belt - You Choose one of following items :
Orc,Chronos or gladiator DQ
Yellow Belt - Choose one
Orc,Chronos or gladiator Relax
Green Belt - Choose one
Orc,Chronos or gladiator force
Blue Belt - Choose one
Sphinx Or marine ghost
Brown Belt - Get all
Marine Force,Relax and user text
Black Belt -
10 ,000 Toricredits
2nd Dan -
20 ,000 ToriCredits
and there we go till master/custom
Master Belt - Get all
Elf Force And relax
Custom Belt -
Custom belt usertitle!
Last edited by Ginkey; Nov 1, 2009 at 09:42 PM.
i was just think that by clicking on a player you woulld see their belt qi invlink tc ect....

i think that this would make tradeing much more easy and develop toribash more quick and add more people in forums #
thanxs warrior1.
Last edited by BlackSugar; Nov 1, 2009 at 10:44 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[CENTER]
a change into the game physics would be a disaster, ( like messing with joints or something that can affect the weight of the tori) so, i guess the best change should be forum related, or torishop, like contest for color making or join textures.
Nice ideas people, keep them coming. I haven't really seen anything worth 600k yet, though. I need some more artistic explainations and displays!
Quit, probably.
Alright here is my entry, it will probably be edited a few times till I'm satisfied with it.

So as a few people have already stated changing joints and things like that would alter to much of the game play and adding things like extra damage or extra defense or something would take away from the feeling in toribash that an unranked white belt can beat a custom belt. It just destroys the equality factor and in my opinon just isn't in the toribash spirit. All that being said there are a few things that could have minor changes.

For starters I do find it a little annoying that textures on the feet for example stretch and generally act a little funky when going from a flat image to the actual tori. The same thing with hands bugs me some to, the top, bottom, front, and back have large spaces to draw on then the sides are tiny little boxes. Personally I think it would be a little easier for texture makers to design these correctly and quicker if the texture had boxes for each part that were all the same size. Also it would be nice if somewhere in the forum there was an official color swatch for each color, maybe in the Art and Texture forum and just have it as a sticky that gets updated when new colors are released.

TC could also be a little easier to acquire, I'm not saying OMG 10000000K A WIN!!!1!!1!!jkfdgh, more like 20-30 tc per win and at least 10 tc if you lose, that way you can still get a little tc even if you lose every game you play. Also I hate how some items like void stuff for example requires a crap load of QI to use unless you find a non QI version, that being said I think non QI items should be sold in the shop, just increase the price, that way its still possible to get but if you have the QI it's cheaper for you (the amount increase would depend on the QI it would require) but these are also extremely expensive items which is also very annoying, so the price of void stuff now would be the non QI price and reduce the one with the QI requirements price. Also (and this was stated by Extreme so I'm giving him credit) but a belt gift would be nice, so you have a little incentive to get to the next belt. But instead of items I would say a small TC gift so they can save that TC or use it to buy an item they want. nothing outrageous again just maybe 100 tc for yellow, 150 for green, 200 for blue, 250 for brown, 300 for black and then each dan the amount increases by 100.

This has also probably been said by someone (I don't feel like going back and checking but if it has sorry if I'm stealing your idea) but having a link to someones inventory in the drop down menu that appears when you click on their name would be extremely nice. It would make sales on the market easier, that way we can get around the multiple posts of DATS NOT THE RIGHT INVENTORY LINK! NOOOOOB! (ok maybe the posts don't sound like that but my point was made) and the amount of tc someone has could also be visible in their inventory (incase something might strike you as fishy if someone with 3 posts offers 100k for something you can easily check if they have it).

Scamming could also be avoided if a system was added so that to accept an item you must send the TC to get the item. It would be kind of like payment upon receiving kind of thing. Basically there is an option on the torishop that says either send for free or send for X amount of TC upon opening. This wouldn't work in item to item trades just because I have a feeling trying to implement a system that requires an item to be sent to recieve another item would be to complicated to try to make (I could be wrong though). However your item isn't just completely gone if they decided to change their mind or just don't end up paying for it for any other reason, it simply comes back to you within a week of being sent.

The achievement system is also a nice little touch (I've played several other games that have achievements and I'm an achievement whore so I like this feature) however it doesn't show in anyway how far your progress towards getting the achievement is. This can be annoying if you are like me and might want to get an achievement but have no idea how close to meeting the requirements you are. So a little progress bar underneath achievements like win 100 jousting matches or things like that would be very nice to have when you view the achievement.

I also just thought of a few items that could be introduced to help customize your tori. Toribash for the Wii has the option of having hair, why stop there? Hats, necklaces, belts, horns, wings, glasses, tails, and probably an all time favorite, head phones, could be added as well. It in no way affects your Tori's abilities, it just lets you look different. They arent actually objects that can take damage, a body part would just go right through them like with flames or trails. The hats, necklaces, and things like that don't ever just fly off your Tori, they will be connected to a certain joint or body part, but could and would move if your Tori moves. So lets say you have a necklace, well the back will stay connected to your neck or something but the front could move around, or a belt is attached to you abs but the long trails of it could freely move like it would in real life. Also since I've repeatedly seen Aspire say that making TC easier to acquire would increase inflation and all that, these are items are created in a similar way to forging a flame. You open an option in single player and select the blank model for what you want and design it from there, so you could change the color, size, length, anything that really applies to the object you just can't make one completely from scratch, you have to edit a pre-made model. They wouldn't be nearly as expensive and what you make determines the preset price. Wings would be more expensive then lets say a hat because its bigger, the most expensive object shouldn't be over 150k though.

okay I think I'm fully satisfied with this and those are my crappy attempts at making pictures to help visualize my ideas (thanks for reading)
Attached Thumbnails
itemtransfer.jpg   Toribashidea.jpg   azhievmentidea.jpg   beltincreaes.jpg   foottemplateidea.jpg  

handtemplteidea.jpg  
Last edited by Ravis; Nov 3, 2009 at 04:18 AM.
iCoF l OLDA l OoT
COGNITION OF FRUITS