Toribash
Original Post
Event Artists Recruitment Drive

Hey friends! The Event Artists are back again with another recruitment drive!
We're once more looking for artists to help put that extra artistic touch on future events.
This drive will be active for several weeks, so get your apps in whilst the getting's good!

What is the job of an Event Artist?

Simple, Event Artists are responsible for creating banners and logos for the many events the Event Squad hosts.
Though if you're able to create textures for 3D items I'm sure the Item Forgers would love your assistance as well!

Here are just a few examples of previous banners created by the Event Artists.

Requirements

Of the requirements, activity is probably the most important one. You probably shouldn't apply if you don’t have some free time laying around.
As this is an artistic position you should probably know how to make art, though we're not expecting anything wild and crazy.
Additionally, you’re going to need a clean background, we need people whom we can trust, we wouldn’t want anyone leaking, now would we?

Well, how do I apply?

Simply send a freeform application to either Icky or Orko!
Make sure to include your GMT, any languages your fluent in, as well as many examples of your art you can provide!

Any application sent in without examples of their artwork will be immediately declined.
This drive will be coming to a close on the 1st of October, expect results shortly after.
Last edited by millie; Sep 2, 2016 at 04:10 PM.
Im a traditional artist, so i kinda suck at computerrelated art... Would it still be possible to join if your traditional art is good enough ? i mean i got some experience with events and stuff and i would like to be an ES anyways
I'm also around. And I can do stuff as long it's gonna be used.

The main reason I don't like to coop with GMs is because sometimes they commission stuff that need lots of time and effort, but when the stuff gets done they abandon project on a whim, inactivity or sheer administration paralysis.
Or those mid-term changes, Jesus, that can piss anyone up to hell. >:[]
You have to understand that investing enthusiasm into something can became bitter if its squandered.

That's why I would always go for the 'banner job' before anything else. At least banners are always done after everything else goes through. Idk, maybe you have changed how the things work about events now and it's more organized and focused... But I also doubt it considering the low forum activity in general. Community is not strong as it used to be, sadly. :/

I'm not saying that smaller community have less quality volunteers in the staff positions but they do dissipate much faster.
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post

The main reason I don't like to coop with GMs is because sometimes they commission stuff that need lots of time and effort, but when the stuff gets done they abandon project on a whim, inactivity or sheer administration paralysis.
You have to understand that investing enthusiasm into something can became bitter if its squandered.

That's why I would always go for the 'banner job' before anything else. At least banners are always done after everything else goes through. Idk, maybe you have changed how the things work about events now and it's more organized and focused... But I also doubt it considering the low forum activity in general. Community is not strong as it used to be, sadly. :/

I'm not saying that smaller community have less quality volunteers in the staff positions but they do dissipate much faster.

I think I can speak for the ES here when I say this:
As with any company or organisation planning is a huge part of everything. And there is a 100% guarantee that there are going to be changes, set backs, and possibly even completely scrapping a project. It's just something you have to deal with.
So if you can't put up with that then it's probably not for you.
If you're reading this, you just failed...
Originally Posted by jahovawitness View Post
I think I can speak for the ES

Have you ever worked with the ES or GMs?
By that I pretty much meant it's kinda obvious what the response to that would be.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question: The examples we provide in the app do they have to be related to toribash or can it be any art you have made or decide to make for your application?
Last edited by Soda; Sep 4, 2016 at 02:35 PM.
If you're reading this, you just failed...
Originally Posted by 8OJ4N View Post

There are times where art goes unused, but definitely not as much as it used to be. We've been focusing on not burdening the artists with unneeded requests. We try our hardest to make sure custom art is only made when we can't use the generic art you and jusmi made for us.

In your case, you'd probably be great for working on projects that need a regal look, such as Clan League or the World Championships, stuff that will wind up going out inevitably and need a more masterful touch.

Originally Posted by jahovawitness View Post

Question: The examples we provide in the app do they have to be related to toribash or can it be any art you have made or decide to make for your application?

It can be anything, though bonus points if you make a sample banner.
Last edited by millie; Sep 4, 2016 at 04:26 PM.
I would love to join in on this. However, for now i'm purely traditional due to lack of (good) programs. I have made thing in the past using pretty crappy programs, but i want to get some good stuff before i do this.
In a few days ill be able to create computer art, and ill come back before October to sign up. Ill put up some traditional stuff, too, it it helps.

However, my main concern is free time. At worst, ill have an hour or so every day, barring when i have to do study, and weekends. If things dont go according to plan, that is probably what is going to happen. Any thoughts on that?
I do work relatively fast, so that might not be so much of a problem if it's not super complex. Example, stuff like my AssassinPro Anime Genderbend took 4 hours for the main drawing, and that was with interruptions and breaks, so maybe around 3 (since i was trying super hard).
Last edited by Pixelate; Sep 4, 2016 at 05:43 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I give the best relationship advice
Originally Posted by PixelateTori View Post
I would love to join in on this. However, for now i'm purely traditional due to lack of (good) programs. I have made thing in the past using pretty crappy programs, but i want to get some good stuff before i do this.
In a few days ill be able to create computer art, and ill come back before October to sign up. Ill put up some traditional stuff, too, it it helps.

You don't need good programs to do good art... its just there are shortcuts and things that would make life easier

Unbelievably good MS Paint Drawing

However, my main concern is free time. At worst, ill have an hour or so every day, barring when i have to do study, and weekends. If things dont go according to plan, that is probably what is going to happen. Any thoughts on that?

you can get a lot done in 1 hour

I do work relatively fast, so that might not be so much of a problem if it's not super complex. Example, stuff like my AssassinPro Anime Genderbend took 4 hours for the main drawing, and that was with interruptions and breaks, so maybe around 3 (since i was trying super hard).

again, in 1 hour you can get a lot done and you'll have time.(more than 1 hour xD)
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |