ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Renovations
Alright fellas, just want to make this quick because I drank too much vodka and it's probably going to be long, so I'm not even going to stylize this post.

Long story short, I'm going to be going through the forums and closing all the old as dirt threads that have gone by the wayside. After doing that, we'll have some active threads to play around with, see what we want to keep and what we don't. HOWEVER, this is my super informal plan of attack with me coming back.
  1. Close all these super old threads to clean house a little bit.
  2. Find a way to get to know all you new guys and, although it's weird to say, meet my clan xD
  3. Organize and reform the forums and the protocols for how we as a clan conduct our regular activities (i.e. recruiting, events, etc.)

As I said, it's informal and things may happen out of order if I think it's better a different way, as well as additional things that I didn't even list (it's a small list, after all).

Also, before you all freak out and wonder why this dictator fell from the skies, it's all going to be fairly democratic. However' I'm a super honest guy, and I'll tell you this: If I find out that you new fellows aren't friendly and/or do not hold true to the classic [elite] standard, we will have words. If you do not heed those words, we will have problems. If we have problems, dramatic action will commence. This is not a threat, it's a promise, and a coaxing tool for you all to act like civil human beings. At this point I don't care if your grammar's atrocious, I used to but I realize the community's a lot younger than it used to be (grammar and the internet never got along anyway). However, it is your personality, and equally important, your behavior that needs to be what [elite] was and should still be. This is the only point that I will not waiver on. We are [elite], and [elite] has always been what's still posted on the clan summary.

"Elite is not a title given to the best players. It is a privilege given to the best people in the game. Only those that are mature enough to realize that winning isn't everything can truly call themselves one of us."

Although a paraphrase of what this clan has held true to be, in essence this clan has always been a group of cool guys that can go crazy with dick jokes and stupid conversations, but at the end of the day are nice guys that just want to have fun with a game that they enjoy. If you're not that, I direct you to the door. If you are, I look forward to getting to know you.

As I used to say in the past, ALWAYS feel free to post questions, comments, and concerns. I may come off as brash and crass sometimes, but I like to think of myself as open and understanding, and at the very least I respect all of your opinions (whether or not I agree with them).

- Ryland
-----
As an addendum, I've gone through all of the seekrit forumz and closed everything that's been resolved. I am curious, however, as to who currently has access to our private forums, and a response would me much appreciated!
-----
So here's an update.

I've gone through all of the non-sticky threads and closed almost all of them because they haven't been used for months/years and most of them wouldn't serve a purpose now. I'll be checking out the sticky threads now and seeing how they are, if they should be revamped, etc. but I'm not going to mess with those until chatting with all of you. I'll be making a thread very soon (probably after going through the stickies) asking everyone to supply some basic info to see who's active and when, so maybe, just maybe, I can meet some of you people. I've been searching for elite players every time I get on (~0000 (12:00am), US Central GMT -5) and nothing ever pops up .

I'll stop ranting now, but I look forward to more activity and getting to know you fine folks.

- Ryland
Last edited by Sarutobi; Nov 6, 2016 at 01:38 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[elite] Sarutobi ~ Ryland Gomez [elite]