Ranking
Original Post
Future of the Clan System and alternative rewards for Official
hi, as was previously mentioned in this suggestion thread by Erth, the forums are becoming less and less useful for clans considering an easier, faster way of communicating is simply to use discord.

Currently (as far as I can tell) a clan's activity in their thread plays a large role in the process of applying for official. If a clan isn't active while unofficial, why would they be any more active when official?

The rewards for reaching official are also heavily forum-based. The main perk is your own board, which, if a clan doesn't actively use the forums, is useless.

so that begs the questions:

- How should the clan system adapt to actively contributing clans that may not use their clan thread often?
- What traits will make a clan eligible for Official in the future?
- Should the rewards for official change at all?

Discuss.
Promoting the idea of using discord for clans seems flawed, as you are moving traffic away from the games official forums to an independant server that often loses all link back to toribash, other than the occaisional comment or channel just for it. Promoting activity on the forums and not discord is promoting activity in the game and for the game, so in my eyes everything discord related shouldn't be officially supported.

However, what I would like to see is some in-game requirement for clans to become official, probably not in the form of wars complete but simple users in game and averaging a certain threshold of games per day. I think the square brackets are enough of an ingame reward, as despite being subtle, they are noticed by the vast majority of people and often well respected. Maybe an addition such as 3D armbands, however that would likely just get confusing and not worth the time to create.
[21:55] Icky: How the fuck can i make witty lines about blossoms without going full weeb
Originally Posted by Bless View Post
Promoting the idea of using discord for clans seems flawed, as you are moving traffic away from the games official forums to an independant server that often loses all link back to toribash, other than the occaisional comment or channel just for it.

This is less promoting discord and mostly just taking more into consideration a clans' activity in other places. It's easy to be forum active, and, a lot of clans that struggle with activity (looking at official dudes, not the millions of unofficial clans), have forum active members and use discord over the forum, because its so much easier to have a quick discussion there than on the forums. There is little use for the clan thread/board when you can have a quick chat in discord.

Originally Posted by Bless View Post
However, what I would like to see is some in-game requirement for clans to become official, probably not in the form of wars complete but simple users in game and averaging a certain threshold of games per day. I think the square brackets are enough of an ingame reward, as despite being subtle, they are noticed by the vast majority of people and often well respected. Maybe an addition such as 3D armbands, however that would likely just get confusing and not worth the time to create.

I agree, I think the process should include ingame activity. (it might already, would be nice if a clan dude hopped in here and gave some more insight on the process)

I've no ideas for different rewards as of now, but 3D armbands seems reasonable. If the official process remains strict, these won't be given out often. They pop less than a custom 3D item that a clan may have won in an event of some sort. The only problems are making then for all currently official clans, and figuring out how to distribute them to newer clan members. Maybe if someone joined after you become official, after three months they could receive the arm band? (poses the issue of alts but alts, items could be untradeable?)
I'm just gamin' man
Just allow people to make clans. I never understood why it should be limited. Makes me feel as like 2 million people are playing the game
Your messed up world enthrills me
Originally Posted by William View Post
Just allow people to make clans. I never understood why it should be limited. Makes me feel as like 2 million people are playing the game

might be a lil bit behind, Will. clans've been free to create for a while now
shit